Cover for new pop up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donuts

Well we just purchased a new Rockwood HW 276 tent trailer and with the air unit, but it is about 1 inch too tall to fit in out garage. Bummer, but solution is to park in the front driveway out of the way. However, I need a cover for it. Any ideas? Most covers are for lower profile trailers. Calmark makes custom covers that fit snug, but they could be costly. Thank you in advance.

I'll be interested to see what reponses you get, because I have a Tyvek for my Aliner and was the best quality of their line, yet with just over a years use it looks like it has been through a war.  It tears very easily, despite be extremely careful putting it on and taking off.  I'll need to replace it, yet not to anxious to spend over $200.00 on another.

Called Calmark today and the rough estimate is about 575.00 for the cover plus shipping. They use Sunbrella fabric and give a 6 year warranty. I'm going to Camping World to see what they have to offer. I suspect that investing in a good cover that will last might be the smart thing to do. 

I purchased a cover for our 5'r.  Looked good in the picture.  Instructions said to pad any edges...didn't offer and suggestion as how to do that.  Winter winds tore/wore holes all over and rubbed to coating off the roof. What a waste of money.

But enough of my rant...couple of suggestions...  maybe let enough air out of the tires to clear the door.
Get a another set of smaller rims and tires and change them when you put it in storage.

Yes, the trailer is 85" with the air conditioner. My garage is 83"(84" minus 1"due to the door barely lower than the opening. It's a high wall and without the air, it's still 71". Salesman suggested to let the air out of the tires also, but it's cutting it very close and what a pain in the rear to do this everytime. Would letting the air out lower it about 4"? Now changing the rims and tires would also take time, but not a bad idea. I have 14" rims.  At the end of the day, I need to make sure that I protect my investment without breaking the bank by paying for a covered storage space.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom