Need shower ideas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A

AmeDeBoheme

I am 6'4. Super tall dude. I only fit in the shower if I stand with my head touching the screen of the roof vent. Also - the floor of the shower (and every rv shower I have stepped foot in) Just does not feel like it can support my weight (it of course does but it's hard to relax, I feel like every step I take I'm going to crack this thin plastic bottom.

I need to remedy this situation cuz I can't fulltime and live with a shower I can barely stand in. Any thoughts? Inexpensive ideas to give me a bit more room up top and maybe a sturdier floor?

Throw me some ideas gang!

For the floor
fill the tub with water then use some spray foam insulation to fill under the unit. (the water in the tub keeps the foam from pushing up the floor)
How about a bubble sky light? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-CLEAR-SKYLIGHT-R-O-30-TALL-X-22-WIDE-X-4-1-2-THICK-/350851142928
build a curb on the roof to raise the skylite and seal with Eternabond tape to give more head room.

I think you may need to move your shipping upscale a bit. Mid and upper end RVs usually have roomy showers, often the same as might be found in any residence.  For example, the shower in my coach has a raised skylight that allows 6'10" headroom and plenty of elbow room. Previous coach was actually a bit wider but about the same height. It's not just a motorhome thing either - upscale 5W's usually have nice bath areas. A roomy bath is one of the hallmarks of a better built RV.

You need to shop around more and try out the showers in each one.

I would love to put a big sky light in my RV shower. My friend, who is helping, nixed the idea and said he was too afraid of creating leaks. *sigh. I'm 5'6" and the shower head is acceptable, but it is a tight fit so I can't imagine being 6'4".  I just fit in my bed too. I've thought several times that I'm really happy I am not a 1/4" taller. 

Good luck!

AmeDeBoheme said:
I am 6'4. Super tall dude. I only fit in the shower if I stand with my head touching the screen of the roof vent. Also - the floor of the shower (and every rv shower I have stepped foot in) Just does not feel like it can support my weight (it of course does but it's hard to relax, I feel like every step I take I'm going to crack this thin plastic bottom.

I need to remedy this situation cuz I can't fulltime and live with a shower I can barely stand in. Any thoughts? Inexpensive ideas to give me a bit more room up top and maybe a sturdier floor?

Throw me some ideas gang!
first- what coach do you have? hard to give suggestions without any info

My response to small showers is to not use it. I am a full timer and I always shower at the campground shower. It is a whole lot bigger and the water is always a lot hotter. I can do a 20 minute scalding hot shower in the campground shower, but in my RV I can do about five minutes max. I don't have to clean the shower when I am done and no matter how much hot water I use my propane bill remains the same. Generally speaking there is about two feet of room between my head and the shower stall.

I sit down in my shower, gives me plenty of room.  Of course eventually I have to stand up to get to some of the body parts you can't wash while sitting down, but it makes it seem roomier to me. I utilize the handheld shower too, I don't just sit there with water spraying straight down on me. With the handheld shower you can get to all parts of your body a lot quicker than just standing there doing nothing.

I've tried different things to sit on, the best being a small cooler with a great lid that can take the weight.

Also I have a pop-up outdoor shower stall. It's fantastic (weather permitting) and seems huge, compared to the indoor shower.

Pop Up Shower
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&keywords=popup%20shower&linkCode=ur2&qid=1378433065&rh=k%3Apopup%20shower%2Ci%3Asporting&tag=recreationalvehicles-20

Of course there are the campground public showers too.

It's just a matter of getting used to a different way of life and doing things differently.

Below is a pic of my outdoor shower stall. It sits next to the outdoor hot and cold faucet that came builtin to the side of the RV.

See more pics at:
Living Large In A Small RV
http://dearmissmermaid.blogspot.com/2013/04/living-large-in-small-rv.html

Attachments

• outdoor shower.JPG
    outdoor shower.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 41
Are you planning on boondocking or staying in campgrounds ? If you stay in campgrounds, use the campground shower. Or resort to washcloth washing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom