EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Advise on upcoming California tour  (Read 5897 times)

Kwacka

• ---
Re: Advise on upcoming California tour
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »
Thank you for all your responses.

I have decided to go for the Seattle plan, the flights booked and I can't wait, although I now have to work out which actual route I will be taking, there are so many to choose from.
I do fancy doing the coastal road, as I enjoyed it from LA to San Francisco, but I also want to do Crater Lake, Mt St Helens & Yellowstone, Glacier and possibly Mount Rushmore, but that might be pushing it.

I do feel a bit bad though as I will be doing it in a car from motel to motel, not an RV :0(
I managed to get a free flight with my airmiles and they gave me a great rate on car hire, so it just worked out as a great deal and it seemed mad not to, I will definitely be back RV'ing the year after though!

skyking1

• ---
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 04:40:44 PM »
Where and when will you be arriving?
Timing is everything on the Oregon/Washington coast. If you can, make a reservation in the Willamette valley somewhere, and then let the weather "blow you" in the proper direction. Same goes for Washington, pick an out of the way spot that is not too far. Olympia, for example.
If it is good run for the coast and enjoy it. If not, it is a reasonable drive to Sisters, Bend, Crater Lake and the like. It is rare to see rain both east and west of the Oregon and Washington Cascades.
I find that making hard reservations for Friday and Saturday is a must, but the rest of the week let that weather take you where it is best. Unless it is a festival or something you can get a room Sunday~Thursday without too much trouble.
Kelly and Mary

1996 Dodge CTD 2500 "Woody"
1991 Avion 29.5 ST
Washington State

http://boondockerswelcome.com/users/skyking

Kwacka

• ---
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
We will be arriving mid June, into Seattle.

Hosted by Over The Network