Regarding RV Pad rules!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacquelinejacks

Hello im thinking of buying my first RV either c class or 5 wheeler!!

I read somewhere that in Canada not sure about the USA that most RV parks require RVs no older than 10 yrs to be excepted in the park?

Is this true in most cases. If so i will be looking for a close to new Rv if not i dont mind flipping a older one  ;D

There are a few parks in the US that have that requirement. I Will usually , If asked the age of my coach, Tell them that they really do not need my business and go elsewhere. And No, my coach is not ten yet.

I understand the reasons, but I cannot justify someone banning people in an older coach JUST because of age. It would be far better to turn unkempt rigs away at the gate, new or old.

I would say that is probably a small minority of commercial RV parks.  I don't speak with experience, though, because we always stay in national, state or county parks which never have an age restriction.

We've been full-timing for nearly 3 years and have yet to encounter a park that was the least bit concerned about our now 13-yr-old MH.  I probably wouldn't want to stay at any place that did care, anyway.

It's generally not an issue, especially if you maintain your RV and keep it looking presentable.  We've been asked occasionally but not enough to make a difference.  My impression is that if a place calls itself a campground or is similarly named, it will accept just about any type of RV from tent trailers up to the highest end, whereas if it calls itself a resort it might be more likely to limit to just motorhomes or just motorhomes and fifth wheels.  I think this is especially true if the resort sells lots and the lot owners want to maintain the neighborhood so to speak.  In that case the owners themselves may determine they don't want, for example, anything but motorhomes and none that are more than ten years old.  I don't recall ever encountering the question in Canada.  It seems to be mostly in the Lower 48 and at upscale resorts.  You might find the following topic an interesting one to read.  http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,47358.0.html 

ArdraF

there is a 10 year rule here in the park that I live in, but it's only for full time residents. not temps.

it's a nice clean park and the rule is there mainly so they don't get a bunch of permanent old dilapidated rigs scaring away the high end visitors. 

Some fulltime lots put all kind of restrictions in place.  I never found a campground for short stays that didn't welcome my money and 15 year old RV.

Don't worry about the 10 year old rule. Yes there are some exclusive resorts and we've stayed in a few. But our favorites are state parks. Even those that don't have full hook ups. You will not have any problems staying in a camp ground near just about any area in the US and Probably Canada as well.

We live in an owner-owned resort with a 10 year rule that is waived for well maintained coaches. However we have been on the road since May and have not been asked once the age of our couch.

Back
Top Bottom