rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Dog in the back of the truck?  (Read 11136 times)

Houston Remodeler

• ---
    • Our website
Re: Dog in the back of the truck?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 07:58:33 PM »
FWIW, in Texas, its state law to have any pet in the back of a truck secured with a leash short enough to prevent the dog from jumping out of the truck bed.

Children under 16 are not permitted to ride in the back of a truck. Ever

Employees under 18 are not permitted to ride in the back of a truck.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 SRW
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells
www.CabotAndRowe.com

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 08:48:09 PM »
Children under 16 are not permitted to ride in the back of a truck. Ever
Employees under 18 are not permitted to ride in the back of a truck.

How can anyone ride in the back of a truck with seat belt laws?
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Houston Remodeler

• ---
    • Our website
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2015, 08:52:16 PM »
Welcome to Texas
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 4x4 SRW
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells
www.CabotAndRowe.com

HappyWanderer

• ---
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 09:13:06 PM »
Just think, we now have a whole generation that has never riden in the back of a pick-up.
WARNING: This post may contain a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, or birth defects or other reproductive harm.

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 11:26:21 PM »
Just think, we now have a whole generation that has never riden in the back of a pick-up.

Not exactly true as many have ridden in the back of trucks here in MT, not on highways but back country trails and in their families fields.  And yes they can and do get hurt sometimes but most are aware and fairly careful.  As to dogs, no requirement for them to be tied or leashed in the back of trucks.  We see many traveling that way as well as leaning out the back window of pickups and cars.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

JX2Fields

• ---
  • Northern California
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 07:52:31 AM »
  I think a crew cab pickup is the best way to travel with dogs. My wife and I have two English Springer Spaniels and they are the best dogs to travel with we have ever had and they love to go. You load them in the back seat they look around for a few minutes going down the road then they lay down and go to sleep and they do this for hours and never complain, they travel better than are kids did when they where young. You never hear them say are we there yet LOL. I would never put them in the bed going down the road at 70mph. I had a friend who has cow dogs had them on his flat bed truck going down a dirt road slowly when the dogs got to playing and his best dog got knocked off and he ran over it with the horse trailer before he could stop. I know those dogs have riding miles on that truck before but it only takes once.
John & Judy
2015 Keystone cougar 29RLI
2006 comfort trailblazer moved up in 2015
2013 F 250 crewcab
2 English Springer Spaniels

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 04:33:26 PM »
One of our previous neighbors had an absolutely wonderful black lab we all loved.  He took the dog on a camping trip and the dog rode in the truck bed.  All was fine until someone hit him.  The frightened dog bolted and was never seen again even though our neighbor returned to the area every week for several months.  He lost a wonderful pet and very much regretted having him ride in the back of the truck.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

denmarc

• ---
  • Did you say camping?
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
AndraF,
Nobody is more sorry than I about hearing about the lost lab. I see this thread has been re-fired and threads such as this get me fired up!

I've posted before...
Owner is responsible. Do the right thing to protect your pet. Tether. No matter what. In the back of a pick-up, on your front porch, etc. 
Mark

1994 Jayco Eagle 370FB on 24 acres of paid off paradise in Michigan.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
Dr. Seuss