OK this is new...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddie

I am reading this forum a few minutes ago about dogs having accidents in RV's (I'm at home, unfortunately, not in the RV). My pound puppies are napping behind me. I hear a sound and turn around and one of the border mixes is holding a new roll of TP in her mouth. I ask her if she needs to go outside and she's all in that. I take all 3 out and she's the only one that runs for the bushes. Now she's about 12 and has never done this before, but boy, what a way to tell me!  And I wouldn't blame you for not believing me but it is as true as it gets.
They read us like a map.

I beleive it.

My wife potty trained her Cockatoo. It goes in the trash can when DW holds him over it and says potty. Then she carries on about the good bird and gives him a treat.

Now the bird will say "Silus is a good boy" when he wants to be carried to the trash!

And we think we're the intelligent ones?  Whom is taking care of whom???  I'd like to come back as one of my dogs...

Sometimes my Jake and Taz can be a little scarey with the things they do. Make you wonder just how smart they are.

Oh, they're smart but especially sensitive, too. But I guess if you had nothing better to do than study us you'd be pretty sharp on the subject.

Maddie said:
I am reading this forum a few minutes ago about dogs having accidents in RV's (I'm at home, unfortunately, not in the RV). My pound puppies are napping behind me. I hear a sound and turn around and one of the border mixes is holding a new roll of TP in her mouth. I ask her if she needs to go outside and she's all in that. I take all 3 out and she's the only one that runs for the bushes. Now she's about 12 and has never done this before, but boy, what a way to tell me!  And I wouldn't blame you for not believing me but it is as true as it gets.
They read us like a map.
Maddie I love your story :) My Golden used to love ripping the TP apart when he was a puppy. but never used it to show me anything except that he needed to be active at that moment...lol. Smart dog you have there.

Many animals and birds are really quite amazing. Were at a friends place, and they have a pet rooster that is something else.

I have taught one of our German Shepherds to put her toys back in her toy box, but as soon as you tell her she is a good girl, she pulls it right back out. :D

I have a Min Pin. When her water dish is low she gets my attention, then puts her paw on the dish. If she is cold at night because her cover came off, she wakes me up so I can recover her in her bed - she is blind so it is a bit difficult for her to move the cover to her bed. If she is hungry she turns circles. If she want to jump up on my lap she comes over and acts like she will jump up but waits until I signal that it is ok. Sometimes she is nervous jumping down and will keep pretending to jump down until I put her down.

I have taught one of our German Shepherds to put her toys back in her toy box,

Once we tore up the carpet, I got a large bed to put on the floor in the living room for the dogs to sleep on (yes they are that spoiled). My younger dog went around the house and gathered up all his toys and put them in the bed. He takes them outside and leaves them all over the yard, but in the house, they are all on their bed... or in our bed. Some of them have sharp spikes  :eek:

Caryl

My dog will find his leash, pick it up, and carry it around to find you when he wants to go for a "long" walk. These are those 3-4 miles treks at the local park. Otherwise for the usual potty walk, he will sit by you and just stare...waiting...waiting....for you to look up. Than he'll start moaning, groaning, and doing the pittie growl/bark sound until you let him outside.

Simba is Real smart...>.< This is also the dog that runs into trees, people, and hides under covers when he gets cold. He also can not swim. He sinks. (We live on a boat. lol)

While I was pet/house sitting for my darling Daughter over the holidays I accidently brushed up against the thermostat and turned it down all the way (like 50)  now most nights here in GA that would not matter but one night it got cold, in fact the house was down aroudn 57 degrees..  Well, I was napping, so the big dog came over and pulled the blanket off.. I pulled it back and he pulled it off again, Then I realized it was getting a bit chilly,, checked and turned the heat back up.  He left the blanket alone after that.

Smart dog.  He figured out the perfect way to call my attention to the problem.
(Usually Post how smart cats are but this is one good Dog)

I have a three year old poodle-garbage disposal cross that would pass up a T-bone steak to run off leash. Since we are hosting in a state park, I have to keep him on leash for his walks in the daytime. But, I have to close a gate at 10 PM, so I let him run then when no one is around. We are at the entrance 2 miles away from other campers. I can be sitting reading, watching TV or on the computer with no idea of the time, so he is not getting clues from me. But, at 10 PM, he will start nudging me and start going to the door, looking back. He is the only dog I have had that can tell time. 

Back
Top Bottom