Monaco Wakarusa service center closed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Despite pledging to keep Monaco's service center open AVS has closed the Wakarusa Service center and sent all the work to Decatur. When we were there in June they said they had leased back the service building and were keeping the center open for at least a few years. AVS seems to be following Navistar with broken promises. I need a repair done in June fixed, I'll see if they will get me into the Decatur facility. I've also asked if they have taken any of the Monaco techs to Decatur, if not I think I'll wait until I get to Oregon.

ken

This may bode badly for Oregon service.  I sure hope that AVS keeps the Oregon service facility open so there is a service facility on the West Coast.  If they close it, it might really hurt Monaco MH sales in the West.  As was described in the Forbes magazine article Navistar suffered from "Death by Hubris" and I hope that AVS does not follow in Navistar's footsteps because I am still a Monaco fan!

Another reason to keep the Oregon service facility open is because two of the "best of the best" service techs are still at Monaco's Oregon service.  My saying this comes from my own experience as well as back in Monaco's glory days a man named Bubba used to manage the Oregon service.  He once told me that he wouldn't know what to do if he lost either Brian Weatherly or Jason Gurke.

We were just there (July 2013) and stumbled upon another great ex-Monaco service tech who has started his own service facility.  His name is Eric Allen.  His company is "Elite Repair & Remodel."  The address is 642 Hwy 99E, Harrisburg, OR 97446.  (541) 255-6231.

JerryF

Elite was recommended to us by Monaco last fall and we had work done there in Sept.  Eric and his 2 partners have over 30 years combined of experience at Monaco in production and service.  They do excellent work and have reasonable rates.  Their shop is a bit tricky to find, however :)

We always enjoyed working with Bubba. He helped us immensely in getting the Windsor repaired after we were hit. We once pulled into a Monaco rally after the service desk closed with no heat (Aquahot had quit working). Saw Bubba, told him my problem and he made a call and got an Aquahot tech out to our coach within an hour. Just a great guy.

I did find out that AVS is taking no techs from Wakarusa to Decatur. Therefore there is no reason for me to go to Decatur for service. I sure their techs are good, but they don't know Monacos so they will most likely take longer to get something fixed - no better than going to Lazydays. I always found Monaco tech's time for repair to be very quick because the know the product vs a tech who works on many different makes.

I made an appointment for service in Oregon (we were thinking about going there anyway). I would think that AVS would open Coburg to service American Coaches and maybe Fleetwood. The facility is underutilized so this should be good.

ken

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom