1947 Flxible Clipper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skyking4ar2 said:
I was not familiar with glass reinforced panels (GRP) at all. Is that a special joint trim? metal or plastic? I really like the look.

The joint trim is metal and can be purchased with the panels (they manufacture metal and plastic trim). I think these panels are classed as FRP (Fibreglass Reinforced Panels) in the USA. They are made by a company called Sika and the panels are called Kemlite.

Internal carcase is going in. The rear bed is also in place. I'll chose the veneer and cabinet colour and finsh next week. The electrics and services are also in place.

Attachments

• flxible 74.JPG
    flxible 74.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 67
  • flxible 75.JPG
    flxible 75.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 59
  • flxible 76.JPG
    flxible 76.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 54
  • flxible 77.JPG
    flxible 77.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 50
  • flxible 78.JPG
    flxible 78.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 58
  • flxible 79.JPG
    flxible 79.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 70
Also, I have now started a blog to chart the progress of the restoration.

http://47clipper.blogspot.co.uk/

Dr. Friedman on the TV show Mash said, "Sometimes you've just got to drop your pants and slide on the ice." 
You have a goal and are pursuing it not without sacrifice.  Good luck on your adventure.

Seating has just arrived from the upholsterer and placed into the bus to see how it fits. I'm glad I asked for the Flxible logo to be stitched into the seat backs as I think it looks quite good. The overhead carcases are in place as well and the outside of the Clipper is now being done.

Attachments

• flxible 89a.jpg
    flxible 89a.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 71
  • flxible 90a.jpg
    flxible 90a.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
  • flxible 91a.jpg
    flxible 91a.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 65
  • flxible 92a.jpg
    flxible 92a.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 67
  • flxible 93a.jpg
    flxible 93a.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 65
  • flxible 96a.jpg
    flxible 96a.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 67
  • flxible 97a.jpg
    flxible 97a.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 63
Outside now coming along nicely. Still some paint detailing to go on and all the freshly chromed metal to apply.

Attachments

• flxible 101a.jpg
    flxible 101a.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 90
  • flxible 102a.jpg
    flxible 102a.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 85
  • flxible 103a.jpg
    flxible 103a.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 88
I too have a 1947 Flx Clipper and am searching for information on current front wheel bearing seals; the Timken bearing numbers: 539,444,532-A and 432 are all good current numbers, but apparently 2 different front axles were used on this model in 1947--(actually 3 numbers but the last 2 used the same seals) 35141-PX-7 and 35141-WX-10 & WX-17. The original seal number A1205-B-600 has an interchange according to Baker Bearings in Portland, OR but no one has yet come up with an interchange for A1205-L-194 (the seal assembly for the last 2 axle #'s). Anybody have any good info on this??? How bout dimensions?? Thanks. david  ([email protected]; 410-320-6561)

cineburger said:
I too have a 1947 Flx Clipper and am searching for information on current front wheel bearing seals; the Timken bearing numbers: 539,444,532-A and 432 are all good current numbers, but apparently 2 different front axles were used on this model in 1947--(actually 3 numbers but the last 2 used the same seals) 35141-PX-7 and 35141-WX-10 & WX-17. The original seal number A1205-B-600 has an interchange according to Baker Bearings in Portland, OR but no one has yet come up with an interchange for A1205-L-194 (the seal assembly for the last 2 axle #'s). Anybody have any good info on this??? How bout dimensions?? Thanks. david  ([email protected]; 410-320-6561)

Hi David, not been around for some time or wanted to have anything to do with my Flxible restoration as things haven't gone well lately with the build. Haven't had an update from the restoration shop for quite some time but I'll continue to push them for answers.

I have a facebook page where I'm trying to bring like minded people together in order to share information on the Flxible vehicles - flxible owners club eurpoe - If you are on facebook then please join the group, there are a lot of experienced people on that group now and I'm sure someone can help.

Sometimes axles are made by an outside vendor, and used in other applications. That may be an avenue for further research. The Dana 80, in my not near as old P30, happens to have Frieghtliner application axle shafts.

Bill

I think I have managed to read everything about this project up to early February, then no info available since.  I'm concerned that the bus restoration shop has folded leaving the bus owner high and dry. Possibly the bus owner needs some local assistance to go look at the bus.  Any suggestions?

Your right, they did, but fortunately the owner now has the situation under control after a lot of work. Recovering something in the USA, that is legally in a hole, whilst living in the UK, must have brought him mega heartache. Here, at RVOC.co.uk, we continue to support Bingo and carry on waiting for when this beautiful piece of history arrives here.

Back
Top Bottom