Coachnet, Good Sam, FMCA???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For what purpose?  Coachnet is an excellent roadside assistance program, Good Sam encompasses campground discounts, Camping World, rallies, and several magazines as well as selling roadside assistance and repair insurance, FMCA is for motorhomes and has an excellent magazine and numerous rallies.  For support of the fulltime RVer, there is also Escapees.  There is no one organization that offers everything.  Many of us belong to several, or all, of the above.

Tell us exactly what you're looking for and we can give you a proper answer.  Also, searching the forum for a subject will give you lots to read as all these topics have been discusses many times before.

Thanks Ned! Still learning my way around here  ???
Well primarily I would like something to help protect us 'on the road'. I'm 68 & have no intention of changing a flat!  ::)
Being brand new to the RV world, I'm not sure.  :-\

Then CoachNet is your best choice for roadside assistance.  See their web site here for the details on what they offer.

Have recently changed from Progressive to Geico - and see no need to pay the extra expense of Coach-Net when both of these carriers have essentially the same thing for much less. For example, I paid $20/year with Progressive vs. Coach-Net was around $90./year.

In a recent topic on the subject I wrote of a recent breakdown with my Jeep. It just wouldn't start after being parked in a lot while shopping - and I didn't have a clue as to why. Progressive sent a mechanic out first to get me going if possible. He spent about 45 minutes and determined my fuel pump had gone south. Progressive then sent a tow that took me to a qualified facility for repair. I signed two receipts with no out of pocket monies.

Those with CN say that one of the advantages is that they have experts to talk to you on the phone. I thought it better to talk to an expert over the hood of my Jeep. And as one reads this forum, there are few things that will happen to an RV that can't be discussed and a plan of attack decided right here. The road side assistance programs by Progressive, Geico, or Good Sam are not insurance folks giving advice - they are contracted roadside assistance companies.

The only reason I left Progressive was because their rates for the past few years have been higher on my Jeep than the other two I examined. As with Progressive, if in trouble on the road in my RV Geico will figure out what is wrong and send whatever help is necessary to fix it or tow to the closest qualified repair facility for that problem - regardless of the distance.

I suggest you call the reps from each of the other companies listed here and chat with them about their roadside assistance vs. Coach-Net. I would forget Good Sam - as they are now selling a package that mirrors Coach Net that sells for around $176/year. That would be a ludicrous choice, IMO.

parttymer said:
Coach Net!  .  <<<< period

Oops -- don't put the period there just yet.  :)

Am wondering exactly what you are getting from Coach Net that I was not getting from Progressive? As a full time RVer for over 15 years now have had my share of breakdowns on long longsome roads. And have never been disappointed in the roadside service I have received. Have been insured with GMAC, Progressive, and now Geico. My out of pocket has never been any more than if I had been with CN.

I have Good Sam, and was just towed from West Yellowstone to Belgrade MT.    Tow was $1000.00 no  cost to me.  Nothing to sign.  The only problem I have with Good Sam is the people who answer the phone are not the sharpest knives in the draw.  (knowledge of motor homes)

Next year I will try Coach Net. 

Jim

Still in Belgrade.....waiting waiting waiting. See Cummins 300 help

Back
Top Bottom