Painting a motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

[email protected]

Hi,

I bought a old 1985  Ford  Motorhome but, still in pretty good shape,.only 62,000 milles
So I have decided to repaint cab first,for this year ...and.... if it looks nice....
will finish the rest of my motorhome next summer..I will post some  pictures,tomorrow.
At close to $300.a gallon of automotive paint,was much too expensive for me,
I tryed  tremglad paint...and from what i saw until now ..it will make a very nice job....
at a fraction of the cost.I am doing the  job with spray gun.The only thing...it takes a few days
to become hard.This is a lot of work...but my time does not cost anything...I` m retired
and got myself lot of time.Maybe i will have to put a clearcoat over ...
If someone has advise to give me ...I would appreciate
Thank you!

Welcome and congrats on the "new" motorhome. Keep us posted on the results. It may help someone else in the future.

Rustoleum enamel paint is a lot expensive, and works remarkably well.  Before the modern acrylics were invented, cars were painted with enamel.

Google "$50 auto paint job" and you'll find numerous articles about how to apply it - either via an air gun or thinned down and using foam brushes and rollers.

The only advice I have is multiple THIN coats. This allows the paint to gas-off or flash, then apply next coat. Everyone has different techniques.

Hi,

I bought a old 1985  Ford  Motorhome but, still in pretty good shape,.only 62,000 milles
So I have decided to repaint cab first,for this year ...and.... if it looks nice....
will finish the rest of my motorhome next summer..I will post some  pictures,tomorrow.
At close to $300.a gallon of automotive paint,was much too expensive for me,
I tryed  tremglad paint...and from what i saw until now ..it will make a very nice job....
at a fraction of the cost.I am doing the  job with spray gun.The only thing...it takes a few days
to become hard.This is a lot of work...but my time does not cost anything...I` m retired
and got myself lot of time.Maybe i will have to put a clearcoat over ...
If someone has advise to give me ...I would appreciate
Thank you!

Try Japan Drier to help flash and cure time.

Bill

Any photos yet? I have a 95. I am considering tintable bedliner to paint mine, but I'm curious about other techniques/products as well.

Happy reading!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=320572&highlight=tremclad

Bill

Sorry about that,

http://www.tcpglobal.com/restorationshop/itemgroupdetail2.aspx?WebsiteCategory=Classic White&WebsiteCategory2=Gallon-Kit&AE � Urethane Basecoat&selectedsku=

I really can't remember, last one I painted was about 20 years ago. This bus I painted took 9 gallons,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom