1997 winnebago 34RQ slideout Hydraulic tank dipstick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tom tom

Hi... I've been reading your posts on the slide out problems - which I'm having - it creeps out.. I finally found the hyd. pump/tank/and solenoids.. I think the dipstick is broken because it wont stay in. Does anyone know where to find Hyd system drawings? I'm likely going to need some parts to fix the creep..  Thanks in advance !

Tom

Welcome Tom.

I have not seen HWH hydraulic drawings on Winnebago's web site, good question.  From what I remember reading (take it with a grain of salt) slide creep is a solenoid problem but do a little searching here - we've kicked it around before.

Thank you..  I'll keep looking. So far, I've got alot of info from the links posted, and the posted streams..  I was hoping that one of the solenoids was not closed completely ( t- handle ) - but they're tight and I'm not sure I want to try to break them loose.. I'm going to take another look at the dipstick cap and see if I can get it to seat.. I'm assuming it just pops in/out - then I'll check the fluid level with all jacks up and slide retracted.
If the level is good - I'll try to run the slide in and out a few times - I've read that this will get air out of the lines.. I know the previous owner had a couple jack seals replaced - and there's transmission fluid in the tank at this time.. so maybe it's low on fluid or has air in it..
I've found no external leaks - So, I guess if it still creeps out - I'll need to take it in for service and/or a new solenoid..

Thanks again - very helpful info on this site..

Hi John,

Looks like I got it !  It was just low on fluid.. I filled it - then ran it in/out a few times. 1 rail seemed to be lagging or studdering? at first.. then it got smoother. It's been retracted since with no drift out.  Now all I need to do is find a new dipstick.. There's a nut on the top of the tank where the dipstick seats..  Do you know if this is part of the dipstick assy? or can you tell me how this works?  I think for now, I'll tap a rubber plug in it until I can find the replacement..

Again,

Thanks..
Tom

Glad you got it going your way Tom.  I have no idea about the dipstick, you might try calling HWH, but from what I've heard about their phone response time, you might get your Christmas shopping done before you get a callback.  You could try Winnebago Owner Relations, they might be able to help.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom