Yellowstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom,

Earlier this summer we stayed at www.madmoonresort.com which is West of West Yellowstone on the way to Ennis, Montana.  Several other RV Parks were in the area.  You are in easy reach of Yellowstone, Henry's Fork and MAdison River Three Dollar bridge (great for browns, rainbows).  Also in Island PArk, Idaho.  Can also fix you up with a guide for any of the areas around Snake or Madison Rivers.  Tim (with Marsha <g>)

Thanks for that link and the info Tim, much appreciated.

Tom,

Tim forgot to mention that the MadMoon is a Passport America Campground with open skies for the satellites.  You can stay for 7 nights at $19.00/night.  It's very nice.  If you get serious about going there, we can direct you to the spots where the 20" Brown Trouts" are lurking which is about a 1 mile from the campground.  This is also a small campground with about 20 spots; and a locals restaurant on site.

Marsha~

crazyinkc said:
I bought an old 16 ft Aristocraft TT

Hey crazyinkc, My earliest trailer experiences were in an Aristocrat. It was my parents first RV (also their 2nd and 3rd). I had forgotten all about it until you mentioned.

Enjoy.

Tom,

Just make sure you are not there when Marsha is nearby as she jinxes fishing for everyone but herself...tim

I'm not getting in the middle of that one. Sounds like there's a fishy story there somewhere  ???

woodartist said:
We used to live near Yellowstone

Wood,  This is not going anywhere near where most folks likely think it's going (I will explain later) But can I ask where you go to Church?

For the benefit of those who wonder where it is going... There is someone I'd like an update on, and he was connected with a churck in Yellowstone

Just returned from Yellowstone.  The place is amazing!  We need to spend a few weeks there next year.

We stayed at Grizzly RV Resort in West Yellowstone.  Wonderful place!  It was pricey, but probably the best maintained park I've ever stayed at other than ownership resorts.

The fishing must've been pretty good; There were folks fishing all over and most of the fishermen we saw had big grins on their faces!

Al

Thanks for the report Al. We'll come with you to Yellowstone next year.

We are planning on going to Yellowstone for a month next summer.  Maybe we will see some of the framily there.

Fishing lessons would be OK Al, but you'd better be a fast learner 'cos I'll be after the big trout.

Tom said:
Fishing lessons would be OK Al, but you'd better be a fast learner 'cos I'll be after the big trout.

OK, I'll bring the beer; you can bring the hand grenades!  ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, I think I'll leave the fishing to you, I guess;  I like the eating, but the rest looks like work.

Al,
You probably drove up Rt 89 to Mammoth Springs from the junction of 191 near the Norris Canyon Rd. Would you be willing to take a motorhome on that road? Ours is a bit shorter than yours (36 feet).    I plan to be in Yellowstone a few days next week and would like to transit from  Gardiner (North Entrance) down through the park and out trhe South Entrance to Jackson, WY. However, a couple of forum members have advised me that route requires caution with a big rig. Would be interested to hear your opinion, if you recall that strtech of road.  I was on it myself many years ago but have no recollection of the details.

I believe there is no problem from 191 down to the South Entrance, but the northern half up around Mammoth Psring s may be a concern.

RV Roamer said:
Al,
You probably drove up Rt 89 to Mammoth Springs from the junction of 191 near the Norris Canyon Rd. Would you be willing to take a motorhome on that road? Ours is a bit shorter than yours (36 feet).? ? I plan to be in Yellowstone a few days next week and would like to transit from? Gardiner (North Entrance) down through the park and out trhe South Entrance to Jackson, WY. However, a couple of forum members have advised me that route requires caution with a big rig. Would be interested to hear your opinion, if you recall that strtech of road.? I was on it myself many years ago but have no recollection of the details.

I believe there is no problem from 191 down to the South Entrance, but the northern half up around Mammoth Psring s may be a concern.

Unfortunately, we never made it North of Norris on 89, but went all the way South to near Jackson.  We were staying at Grizzly in West Yellowstone and took 191 from Bozeman.  For what it's worth, the route South of Norris is fine.

Al

We took a 40 day vacation in June and July of this year,
and spent over a week in Yellowstone alone.

The BEST bet is to stay at GRIZZLY RV.
It is 1/2 block from? one of the entrances to the park.
Don't know if you "toad", but what we did was rented a Budget vehicle, drove and saw all the " high things" in the park I.e. Beartooth Highway, Continental Divide, and drove to The Grand Teton and Jackson Hole WY. (Three days rental car will do it. Budget will pick you up and return you to Grizzly.)

Finished the days in the coach.
Yellowstone is too large for NPS busses to travel, so it's all private vehicles, or tours from The Roosevelt Lodge
FISHING BRIDGE:
Is the ONLY site inside the park that has hook ups, the spots are "small" to say the least.

Also, there is NO fishing at Fishing Bridge.? They have found out that the bridge is spawning ground for the trout, and they were delpleating the stocks.

You MUST NOT miss the magnificent Grand Teton. Only 16 miles away.

( By the way, if anybody recognizes me, I am also on " another site", live in Yosemite, and am a volunteer NPS Ranger)

jb

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom