JellyStone park and Campground, North Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roadhappy

Just got back from a 4 day trip with the kids and grandkids and had a blast. 

Jellystone is lots of fun for younger kids.  Teens would not like this park as much. 
Our grandkids are ages 2 to 9 and they were busy from the time we got up until they fell into bed.  (Which means we were too) ;D

We rented two trailers that were directly across from our trailer so it worked out really well.

Only issue with this park is it is right on I35 so the road noise is a bit extreme.  Don't notice it so much during the day but really do laying in bed at night.

Rented a golf cart while we were there and it made life easier.  Would definitely do this park again with the grandkids.

As a kid I remember my folks taking us to JellyStone and we always had fun.  Do they still have Yogi and BooBoo running around for the kids?  What other activities do they have for the kids?  A friend of mine just bought a fifth wheel, he has two boys, 4 & 7 years old.  I told him about JellyStone, but didn't remember all the activities, I just remember we had fun when we went there.  I'm sure they probably changed in 40 years.

For 27 dollars a person you get a wristband which gives you free range to do everything for your entire stay so the longer you stay the better the deal.

They have what they call a hay ride, you ride around in a trailer pulled by a tractor and they spray you with water hoses.  You are encouraged to bring your water guns and the kids loved it.  Once a day.

We took a ride on a fire truck around the park.  They do this twice a day.

Water park with slides and 2 other swimming pools in the park.  Go in and out of the water park as much as you want.

A park with several blow up bouncers.  The kids loved these but they get hot so we did them early and late in the evening.

Can check out bicycles or pedal cars for an hour at a time.

Lazer tag and a maze to find your way through.

Horse shoe courts. Basketball court.  Tetherball court.

Jungle gym and game room inside the building at the water park. You get 5 dollars of free play in the game room with each wristband bought.

Lazer tag is only once on the wristband and after that it is like 9 dollars a person to do it.

Lots to do and perfect for a 4 and 7 year old.

Had a similar outing with family members at the Fremont Indiana Jellystone a few weeks ago.  Kids for the most part were under 10 and they had a great time.  Good time for cousins to get together and have fun.  Not our normal camping place but great the grand kids and of course great to watch them have fun.

They must have REALLY gone downhill since your visit !!!

Words cannot express how bad an experience we had at this park !!
We had stayed at the Park in Robert, La multiple times with our kids
and hoped this would be equal or better for our grandkids.

I will not use the language necessary to fully describe it, so I will tone it down to filthy, dusty, foot tall weeds and cockleburs, unlevel sites, we had to TRY 3 sites to find one that fit - how can they NOT know how wide and long their sites are ?!?
MULTIPLE rv's were sticking out in the roads making it an obstacle course to get to and I couldn't have gotten out of the park if someone had not vacated the site across they way from me - the one curve almost doubled back on itself !
This park has damaged your reputation beyond repair and they wouldn't even give me a discount ! $200 for two days and the 'activities' were horrible...
And the 'premium' sites were NOT --- must be nice to be able to run such a horrible business and still be able to pack them in like that !!!
I'm so tired of it I want to put it out of miy mind for now and will be reminding anyone I know not to stay there !

Which Jellystone was so bad?  I know there is the one S. of Ft. Worth and one N. of I 20 at Tyler. Where were you?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom