Intermittent Beep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbaker22us

While driving down the road we sometimes hear an intermittent beep. No indicators on the dash are associated with the sound. It is not a loud alert and seems to be associated with rough roads, but it is difficult to pin down. Thought it might be an alert on the GPS, but we ruled that out. Anyone else had this occur?

Could be the jacks down warning. Depending on the brand & model of jacks, a sensor might jiggle enough to momentarily think a jack is down. Sometimes it is low fluid in the reservoir (some Power Gear jacks) and sometimes a loose sensor switch/wire on one of the jacks itself.

If you have Power Gear leveler s there is a jack down warning that is actually measuring the fluid level in the tank. If it is slightly low the fluid sloshing around will occasionally cause a short beep..

There is also a beep is you put the parking brake on while leaving the Allison in Drive. I had a loose wire that gave me that warning while driving.

You can test both of those to see if that is the sound you are hearing.

Does the beep come from under your dash? Could it be the smoke alarm battery going dead or another piece of battery equipment getting low on charge? Just my thoughts.

Rick

Funny, we just experienced the same thing this weekend during two hours of driving on a short camping trip - an intermittent and relatively quiet beep. I don't know if it's the same "beep" you experienced, and it took me awhile to figure out what it was, but I finally did. It was the Freightliner info center beeping to let me know that my "Check Engine" light had come on. It took me awhile to figure out what it was, because the light would go off almost immediately. It finally stayed on long enough for me to see what it was, and then it went off and stayed off.

It occurred three times over two hours of driving in 90 degree weather, on a combination of 35 mph curvy roads and 6% highway grades. The engine temp never even got close to being "hot". It was not a steady tone like the Jacks-Down warning, and nowhere near the same ear-piercing volume - just a little beep. I don't know if your QBH has the Powerglide or Freightliner chassis, and I don't even know if that would make any difference, but you might take a look at that. Our engine is the 450 horse Cummins.

Kev

There are times when my refer will beep if there is an interruption with the LP. It usually will go off in a few minutes, or sometimes it takes a few times with the mode (ie going from auto to LP to elec back to LP.).

Might be a low coolant alarm. The sender is sometimes pretty high in the tank. They sometimes set off intermittently when coolant is border line low. The sender can momentarily be uncovered while coolant is sloshed the wrong way by the nature of driving. I drove a Mack that did that when down less than 1/2 gallon, block heater leaked in the winter. Check your coolant recovery system and for correct radiator cap. If your recovery system doesn't return coolant to radiator, as engine temps go down, you will lose coolant overtime.

Bill

Our refrigerator has a small beep if a door isn't fully closed.  Finding out what it is takes someone going around the RV and listening for the sound to see where it's coming from.  Until then we're all just guessing.

ArdraF

I have something similar. On my '04 HR Ambassador, there is a soft beeb I get when the road begins to be wet.  It starts very soft and increases but is never as loud as the leveling jack warning.  I think it may have to do with the ATC.  Any ideas how I can stop this annoying noise?

My Beaver has a BAY DOOR warning (it beeps), and I have one bay door that occasionally starts alarming if I have strong winds from the right or if I hit a lot of bumps. The microswitch just needs adjusting, so I'll soon have that fixed.

Back
Top Bottom