Starr Valley WY Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
We stopped at Starr Valley in Thayne WY to visit Happy Trails friends and arrived 30 minutes behind Marsha and Tom Lassen who are here for a month. The weather has been a little warm and there is a lot of smoke fromthe Idaho fires to the west but we are having a great time.

Last night HT friend Lee and Dan and the Lassens joined us for a long happy hour. Tonight we are meeting at the Bar J Wrangler dinner up in Jackson Hole.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 41
Articfox2005....nope it's Starr Valley Ranch with 2 "r" just outside of Thayne, WY.....Fun place.

We had fun catching up with Jeff and Sue and meeting their friends from Happy Trails....seems RV folks can talk about everything including places they have been and stuff they have seen.  Once again we missed the "black water tank" discussion.

As Jeff mentioned, Tim and I are meeting them for a Cowboy "hoe-down" dinner tonight near Jackson Hole.  Pictures to follow if I remember Tim's new point and shoot camera.

Marsha~

Articfox2005....nope it's Starr Valley Ranch with 2 "r" just outside of Thayne, WY.....Fun place.

Marsha,

Sorry, but you are dead wrong.

I own a park model at SVRR and have been here every summer for 17 years.

Do a little research and you will see it has one r.

Marsha,

I saw in you post you are in Jackson tonight. It's a great show.

I'll make it easy for you - go to starvalleyranchresort.com

Bill

Bill, you are so right and I am so dead wrong.  My apologies.  Guess I'll go eat "crow.

The Bar J Chuckwagon was so great...the food was very good and the performance was excellent and lots of fun.

Marsha~

Peg and I have been there done that!

We had friends that had lots there at Star Valley. They're from Phoenix and would spend the entire summer there.

Went with them to the Bar J and really enjoyed ourselves. Was there one 4th of July and Thayne has a very good parade and rodeo.

Enjoy your stay. Wish we were there.

Don, I was really impressed with the entertainment.  The "Bar-J Wranglers" could harmonize, sang memorable old western songs and had a great variety of slap stick with some "Smothers Brothers" antics tossed in.  Great night's entertainment.  Tim and I have been to a number of these Western dinner and entertainment venues and this, so far, is the best.

Wish you guys had been there with us!

Today Tim is off fly fishing with a good friend who owns a lot here.  The friends also live in our home town in California.  I'm bummed that I'm not going, but it's a "guy" thing.

Marsha~

We had a great time at SVRR even if I can't spell it. (Starr Valley Ranch is next door)

Sue and I had seen the Bar J Wranglers in Colorado Springs last fall and love their show. We hope to make the Association gathering they attend each year that is being hosted in Ruidoso, NM in early October for more groups.

We learned yesterday on the road that Forum members Denny and Barb Shaeffer who are our neighbors at Happy Trails are at SVRR until mid September. We are really bummed we missed them. More Forum members from HT, Dean and Dianne Klienschmidt are due next month. A month ago I had never heard of Star Valley but it is a nice park and obviously a favorite of a lot of folks we know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 17
Jeff,

Is this going to be HT north? We'll have to check it out next year.

BTW - If you haven't been to to Ruidoso, you will enjoy the area. Riudoso was Ed Juge's home town and the first time we went there was for an FMCA pre-rally Ed held in Riudoso.

ken

(Starr Valley Ranch is next door)

Jeff,

Sorry, but there is no Starr Valley Ranch.

Have you not being paying attention?

What is next door is the TOWN (recently incorporated) of Star Valley Ranch.

So, Star Valley is (a) an actual valley, from Smoot on the south to Alpine on the north (b) the name of an RV Resort, and (c) the name of a town.

I hope this clears up your confusion.

Bill

Jeff,

One more for you, last name is Kleinsmith!  Sorry, just had to throw that in with the rr thing!!!  We plan to leave Hood River, OR on the 5th and stay a month until Surprise is a little cooler.  What are you doing in MN?

Dean and Diane

Back
Top Bottom