Trailer Valet Jack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronRange

I own a new Trailer Valet jack. You can see their product at http://www.trailervalet.com/ Nicely made unit as far as fit and finish but way too much resistance when trying to jack up my tongue which weighs about 240 pounds.

Any of you have any experience with this product? Possibly a tip or two on improving its operation. I'd like to get it working since my main use is to maneuver my pop-up into a tight storage area.

Thanks. I'm new to this forum but many (too many?) years tent camping and several on our pop-ups.

well the first thing i seen in that link was a "hi/low" speed setting,  if you have it in high its going to crank up faster but harder to crank if you have it in the low position its going to crank easy but slow...

There's 2 cranks, looks like the left one raises and the right one with 2 speeds actually drives the dolly wheels? You're having trouble raising and lowering tongue height? If raising tongue height is difficult call manufacturer and see if there is a longer crank handle available. If not you could go to a local welder and have your current handle cut and extended. Big enough lever and a place to put it you could move the planet.

Bill

Thanks guys...

I have returned the unit to the manufacturer. I'm hoping for a speedy resolution. Before returning the unit, I had gone as far as partial disassembly to inspect the screw mechanism which I lubricated but it didn't really need it. I was unable to improve its performance. No readily apparent mechanical problem.

Assuming I can get the unit fixed, it will do what I need to maneuver my trailer back into its storage area.

The drive unit, steering mechanism and brake work flawlessly. The real issue is with the force required to turn the crank. I think I'm looking at a new product that still has bugs to be worked out. As it stands, the built-in jack on my Jayco is far superior in ease of use.

IR

IronRange,

My name is Tyler and am a Trailer Valet Rep. I registered with the forum to offer my services. I'm here to answer any and all questions concerning our products. What is the status of your situation? Are you happy thus far with how it is being handled?

We want to ensure we make a name for ourselves in the community and want to be sure our customers and friends are 100% satisfied with our products. We're always listening and want all the input we can get.

Sincerely,
Tyler

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom