Mattress improvement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donuts

We just took our new Rockwood HW 276 tent trailer on it's first trip and all was good, but the mattress was a bit uncomfortable. Seems like I bottom out on my hips when sleeping on my side and looking at the mattress, it is not very thick. Does anyone know what mattress pad I can add to give me and the wife more support?

Don't know the exact model or manufacturer, but I had a similar situation and I bought a good one from samsclub.com

Look at what they have to offer.

Bill

We replaced the mattress on our Rockwood and went to a local upholstery supply house where we had them cut us a foam mattress in the density that we wanted.  We have done this several times and are always very happy.  They stock four different levels of firmness from quite soft to the one that is like sleeping in the driveway.  Much more reasonable than buying a "mattress" and they last forever.  Plus you have them cut to your exact specifications. 

I put a 3" memory foam topper on mine and it is a huge improvement. The brand isn't very important. Just decide what density and thichkess you want. After that, they are all about the same.

Joel

We made a little improvement without spending any money. We took the foam mattresses from our tent camping days and put them under the existing mattress. I don't think I would like too much foam because of the heat it holds.

Thank you for all of the ideas. I bought a 2" pad from JC Penney's that allows air to flow through so it's not going to warm up and it will give me added support. Great reviews and only 137.00.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom