67 Cortez Update - Need recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ando121

Hello again. A few weeks ago I introduced myself. I managed to remedy a few things that were on the to do list before I takeoff, including:

brake fluid levels... I had my buddy check the lines, there was in fact a pin sized hole near where the master cylinder links up to the lines, Ive patched it up and I haven't had any issues to date.

Water leak... In fact, this little rig doesn't have a grey water tank, so the water has no where to go, which is why it was flowing out of the overflow

The water pressure has increased significantly since I used some drain cleaner, who knows how much buildup was cleared.

The soldering job held up well, I took a trip to Point Loma to Oceanside and it drove strong, No issues with the fans cutting off, the connections are good.

Overall things are going well. I'm thinking ill address the exterior at a later date. The two things I have yet to address are....

Power options.... Im looking to live completely off solar power and free energy. Im still going through the process of figuring out how apply it, but videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6Qait2JGY show me it isn't as complex as I originally anticipated. The only things Id use which require power are the fridge, laptop, tablet, and cell phone. I have a 65 watt solar panel connected to a deep cycle battery, I think I may have to add another of each to let the fridge run indefinitely. Any suggestions?

I also still need to get this steering issue taken care of. It just sounds terrible if I don't turn slow. This Cortez is FWD, if that means anything. I think the belt connecting to the left alternator needs to be replaced, I know it isn't the PS fluid being low, If anyone knows a good mechanic in the SD area who has experience on old buses Id really appreciate it.

Peace & Love

I used to work for a Clark forklift dealership - we had a customer that used to bring us his MH every year for a spring check-up. It seemed to be be very different from the other motor homes of that era. This one had the Stainless skin on it, the 1978 Barth Class C we once had reminded me of that Cortez.

I can't offer much in the way of advice for your project, but I can give you this tidbit I copied from the Clark MHC FAQ section.

Where can I get parts and information for a Cortez motor home manufactured by the Clark Equipment Company?

The Clark Cortez motorhome was manufactured by the Clark Equipment Company from 1963 until 1969. The Cortez line was sold to Alco-Standard, Kent Industries, in 1970, and then to Cortez Enterprises in 1975. Production ceased in 1979. Information on the Cortez can be found at http://www.cortezcoach.com.

I don't know how active this group is, but perhaps they will be able to help you out.

Happy Trails....Dee

Back
Top Bottom