Looking for screen doors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil Hyde

My in-laws just purchased a 23' Sprintmobile and are now looking at screen coverings for the back door and sliding door.  Hard thing to google!  Any advice appreciated.

--thanks from Phil's wife, Janis

Hidnscreen is one option. But for a cheap alternative, Get some screen and some velcro and make your own. Some people split the screen in the middle and put strip magnets in it so you just walk through it and it closes behind you.

There is a thread on here about it, just can't seem to find it right now...

You could try here.  Several kinds available, but I don't have one myself, so I can't vouch for them.

http://www.eurocampers.com/Spinter-Screen-Kits--Cab-Window-Sliding-and-Rear-Door_c_50.html

We used the make your own plan.  1/5th to 1/10th the cost and we just enjoy trying to figure it out for ourselves.

We used Velcro and "cat proof" screening for the front windows (w scissors and box knife)  and "Magic Curtain" and Velcro for the side door (scissors, sewing machine, box knife).

Attachments

• Frt Door Inside w Velcro.jpg
    Frt Door Inside w Velcro.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 31
  • Frt Door Inside.jpg
    Frt Door Inside.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Frt Door Outside.jpg
    Frt Door Outside.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 26
  • Side Door Fare.jpg
    Side Door Fare.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Side Door Close.jpg
    Side Door Close.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 35
  • Side Door Inside.jpg
    Side Door Inside.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 38
Advanced RV out of Willoughby, Ohio, will retrofit a screen door on any make of Class B.  It won't be cheap, but it will be a high quality job.  Class outfit. 

Dhowie said:
Advanced RV out of Willoughby, Ohio, will retrofit a screen door on any make of Class B.  It won't be cheap, but it will be a high quality job.  Class outfit.

I've seen the work that Advanced RV does and there is no doubt that they do a first class job. But as Dhowie pointed out they are not cheap. I have friends that have had them done and they love them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom