WallPaper borders and slip covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kparker51

2 subject

We have a nice 5th wheel but kinda don't like the wallpaper borders. How do you remove them? I think they are just a roll on mastic. Heat 'em and

peel 'em?

Also, we have the model with 2 swivel chairs in the back and we would like to find slip covers for them. Anyone done that?

thanks

Hello!
I have tried to peel the vinyl layer off the walls (some success, but left a sticky residue), and it revealed a rough and ugly surface (maybe mahogany?) underneath. I ended up just buying some beadboard mdf paneling and covered it up! It looks much better and it is easy to paint!
If you think that covering your surfaces is preferable and beadboard doesn't call to you, most hardware stores sell panels of "door skins" in 4'X8' sheets. They come in a variety of different wood types (birch, oak, mahogany, etc.) and are pre-sanded.

My apologies. I just realized you were asking about wallpaper borders, not the entire wall surface!
Also, yes, well-made slipcovers look very nice. If you can afford it, have someone sew them for you and use a nice quality upholstery material for the best results. Be sure they have ties to keep the covers in place. Also, if the seat cushion is removable, cover it separately for a nicer look.

Back
Top Bottom