Help with hyd levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2Labs2

We are new here, so thanks for any help in advance. We have an 02 Monaco LaPalma, with manual leveler's. If I level the coach out, then turn my key off, the leveler's will sometimes beep and them retract. The other day, I had the coach leveled for a few days, went out and just turned the key on and they retracted. Now it sounds like a relay issue, but where do I start my search? I am very mechanical with tons of tools and test equipment, so just get me started!...again thanks for your help!

Many jack systems are wired to automatically retract if the coach begins to move. If the gear shift lever is not in Park and the ignition is turned on, that is probably sufficient to trigger an auto-retract. A faulty Park/Neutral switch or disconnected wire could trigger that erroneously - the jack controller usually expects positive confirmation in the form of a Park/Neutral signal from the tranny. If it doesn't see it and the key is on, it would assume that movement is imminent.

Ok, just found out my system is a Power Gear. From what I can read on it, hydralic fluid level is very important, also they talk about the electrical conection at "pin 6" which the nutural switch and parking brake switch power is routed through. That all makes sense, because the levelers will retract sometimes when the ignition key is first turn on or if I turn the key off. It's intermitant, so they WILL stay level most of the time.  :-\

The electrical connections can be a real issue.  When my Power Gear system was acting up, I fixed it by pulling off all of the electrical connections from the back of the junction box and spraying them with a good electrical contact cleaner (not WD40).  After plugging them back in my intermittent problem went away. 

The symptom Gary described could also be attributed to a faulty electrical connector.

Back
Top Bottom