Water tank falls off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaperall lite

:( we were just sanitizing our fresh water tank on our 2009  Chaparral Lite, filled it up, added the bleach,,,drove around the block, and when we pulled into our yard,,,,the WHOLE tank fell off...  anyone ever had that happen?  there were no curbs, no bumps,,,nothing...  so much for our camping for a while.

That's a new one on me. How long have you owned this RV? Any signs of a broken strap(s), bolts, or other hardware?

Well,  a strap would have been nice to have,,,,but ,  guess what,,, only 4'x5'  piece of  OSB  ..... no middle strap of any kind..  the OSB has a BIG  sag in it,    the OSB was sitting on 2 metal braces, front and back...so when it sagged,  i suppose it just popped right out..  good grief. you reallly  wonder who designs these Rv..  and we dont have but approx 1,000  miles on it..  just around Mn and Wisconsin...
  thank goodness we bought an extended warranty.  we purchased it in 2010...

With that underbelly cover, you can't see if there is a problem starting...so you could catch it before it got bad.  we just came home sunday from a festival.... that would not have been cool to happen on the road.

Rare, but have seen it happen before. Few years back had a couple pull into the site next to me in a Montana with there gray tank dangerously close to the ground. So yes anything and everything can happen. Hope the repairs don't take to long.

I wonder if that attachment method was an oversight or intentional. I would be very tempted to have each tank checked for that problem and the attachment corrected just in case!!!

That is one of the "Mixed" things about my RV

The tanks run across under the floor ABOVE the frame rails.. If they fall off... I'm in deep trouble (Broken frame rails)

It's mixed because if I ever have to remove them for any reason........

Well that's gotta suck. Hopefull you can repair your water tank and get it hooked up again. That's one tank I need to look at on my RV. I've got plans this fall to do some under belly work myself.

:)Well,  can you believe it!  We got in to our local Rv dealer right away.. picked it up today...319.00  so will have to get the warranty to pay for it... probably have a battle,, we'll see.  they put two straps underneath.. of course we can't see anything because of the underbelly covering....  and that is a real pain to try to get off and look... that stuff is really tough tho.  ours was bent back under the axle, so we simply backed up and the thing unbuckled and we tucked it back up onto the rails, so we could get to town.  now we have to try and seal all the gaps to keep the little critters out...  i hope some of that black tape will work.
  The mechanic at the Dealer said he sees this a lot... hard to believe...  said there was a new RV  in the shop and the tank fell off when they were filling it!!!!! 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom