Quartzsite Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I am planning on spending time this winter at Quartzsite and would like to know if the 4X4 group has a different setup location on the BLM than the rest of the RV Forum members.  Also exactly where do you camp.  I have read that there is plenty of room.

On a side note I will be bringing a lift, welder, air tools and other toys for supporting anyone that needs any of this, (free of course).  You can even change your fluids if you like.  I do not do the work, but you are welcome to.

I am looking forward to this.

Huey - No, we all camp together south of town at LaPosa West.  See Bob Buchanan's description of where it is.  Some of us go four wheeling and some of us don't.  Some of us go some days and not others - but we're all friends and otherwise stick together!  ;)

ArdraF

The forum group does not do any high rated trails that would need that kind of equipment. The FMCA 4 wheelers do. They are parked further south in the free area.

If your a FMCA member you can attend their rally, paying the guest fee. I think is $25. Or you can join their chapter and pay the rally fee.

http://www.fmca4wheelers.com/

Or you can park with forum, and have a really great time. $40 for 14 days.

I have read that there is plenty of room.

Picture a huge desert, with small clumps of RVs scattered here and there. In January there are tens of thousands of RVs in the area, yet you only see little clumps here and there. Even just the area where framily meets will hold at least twice (and probably more) what I've seen there, and overflow to other spots in easy walking distance is available, if needed.

As Tom, said, a massive understatement.

About the only places you'll see wall to wall RVs are in town, in the commercial parks. And along the northern border of the BLM land fronting the Big Tent property (walking distance to the tent).

Other than that, you have over 25 square miles of desert to choose from, divided into 4 LTVA quadrants.  $40 buys you 14 days of camping with access to trash dumpsters and a central multi-lane water/dump facility.  We're in the southwest quadrant, La Posa Tyson Wash.  The RV Forum Rally doesn't charge anything, you just have to pay the LTVA camping fee to stay with us.

The other option around Quartzsite is the 14 day Free areas.  Here you get no services except maybe a campground host - you have to bring in your own fresh water and carry out your sewage and trash.  There are places to dump and take on water in Quartzsite, and trash can be taken to the city dump north of town.

Take a look at Bob Buchanan's Quartzsite Rally signup message and his web site referenced in it.  On the web page are directions to the rally site, including an aerial composite view of the LTVA roads leading to it.  The picture was apparently taken just before or after one of our rallies, it shows about 6 rigs at "our"site versus about 30 or so during the event.  Our group grows mostly to the left of the red X along the approach road, you can also see another another group that meets at the end of the road.  But the population and spacing of RVs as shown in the rest of the LTVA are about right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom