wood flooring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2x

Is it hard to replace carpeting with wood laminate flooring?  Should the floor be "floating", or glued down?  Thanks, Beau

On the coach we have now and the previous coach we had the peel and stick vinyl tile replaced with wood laminate. In both cases the flooring (tongue & Groove 15"X 36") was not nailed or glued down but was left floating. We with with a slate like pattern rather than the wood planking as that is what "she who mus be obeyed" wanted.  ;D  This picture is of our previous coach and we had the same flooring installed in our present coach. I had Bradd & Hall replace the flooring on my present coach. The laminate flooring was not as expensive as ceramic tile but the cost of the labor to install more that made up for the cost as the slabs had to be custom fit and a lit of tricky to cut and fit molding was put in.

Attachments

• IMG_0056-1.jpg
    IMG_0056-1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 155
Very nice! What brand of flooring did Bradd & Hall use? Also your dinning room table looks custom made?

Scott  :)

If memory serves me correctly the flooring is Armstrong Solarium Laminate in the color of Adobie. As I said previously it comes in (I think) 15" X 36" or it might have been 15" X 48" tongue and grooved pieces. The Table was an Amish table and we got two leafs so it made an extra long table when needed. We also replaced the dinet with a wraparound style dinet as well as the couch. We went with ultra leather because it was easier to keep clean with us having a dog.  After having spent all that money we traded that coach for the one we have now.  :p We replaced the flooring and carpeting in our present coach and "she who must be obeyed" has professed an interest in replacing the cloth couch and dinet in the near future. :eek:

Here is another Bradd and Hall floating floor that we were pleased with. It is out of production but was backed with soundproofing that seemed to help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 102
Ernie Ekberg said:
engineered wood, glued down. that's what I'm doing primarily these days

We are looking for something in the engineered type laminate/tile look???

Scott  :)

Mannington Adura is quality material. Not found at the big box stores, however

We have the Adura in our house and it is very durable and we love it.  When, IF, we replace the carpet and wood in the MH, that is what we would use.  BTW, Ernie's son did our installation and did a great job.  I guess dad trained him well!    :)

I did laminate in our 5th wheel. Have not had any problems. And it is floating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom