Locating inverter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

5regal

I have a 2004 Terry 300 FQS camper and have not been able to locate the inverter.  Anyone have one of these and can help me locate it.

Are you certain that you actually have an inverter? If you do, and if it is more than about 500 watts, then it should be within about four feet from the batteries.

Joel

Unless a previous owner added it, you don't have one. Standard equipment on your trailer would have been a converter/charger only (no inverter function) and it is likely integrated with the 120v load center (breaker panel) and 12v fuse box.

An INverter produces 120vac power from 12v batteries.
A CONverter produces 12v power from an external 120vac power source (when you plug into shore power at a campsite).

Inverters come in 2x2x2 flavors but we are only interested in two of those.. Factory installed or after market, Large and small (WHich often condenses down to one)

Factory installed is often a 300-600 watt, this can be"hidden" in assorted places. Runs the main TV and support electronics, not much more  Can be hard to find. but look for a heavier than average wire to the battery.

After market can be 300-3000 watt, now the smaller ones can be at a distance from the battery but the bigger ones get parked downright near the batttery and are fed with cables larger than your thumb.

Of course.. that is if there was one installed.

I'm with Gary on this one I want to clarify that you are looking for a "Inverter" and not the "Converter"??

Converter = 120 Volts AC to 12 Volts DC

Inverter = 12 Volts DC to 120 Volts AC

I am probably looking for a converter.  When plugged into 120 v. it supplys 12 v. to my lights and charges my battery.  My lights are flickering and my battery is not charging so I thought I might have a problem with this.  So is this just going to be a circuit board instead of an enclosed box of some kind?

Odds are your Terry has the converter/charger integrated in the power center and is a module within it. Find the box that has circuit breakers and see if it also has 12v fuses. If so, it probably houses the converter circuitry as well. See if there is a name on the power center panel - I'm betting it is something like Parallax Power or WFCO, plus a model number. Please tell us what that is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom