A Strange thing happened on the way to the forum...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom Hoffman

Last night around 2AM I was happily typing along responding to a forum post with my always profound wit and humor.  i was typing in the dark so as not to awaken SWAMBO when all of a sudden I hit some key that made a page in my browser pop up called notes.  I was so surprised and not wanting to  lose my train of thought (usually one track) I clicked the page gone and then kept typing my post. 

All of a sudden it occurred to me that, that notes page  might be neat to use with my current employment, I went back to the key board to try ad figure out which key brought up the Notes page and while doing it, I hit the F5 and it completely wiped all my hard won post that I had worked on so laboriously. 

I was so disconcerted that I completely went off the track (one track again and crashed) so the original poster will be forever with out my wit and wisdom.

If any one knows which key I need to hit to get that "Notes" page to pop up I would be forever in your debt.

Tom...

Undo won't help if you press F5, that refreshes the page.  You can try Alt-LeftArrow to go back a page, but that doesn't always work either.

If I understand  your question, you want to bring up Notepad. 
What I have done is on my Windows 7 is gone into All Programs and clicked on Accessories, found Notepad, right clicked and pined it to my task bar.  Also pined my calculator to the task bar. 
Does this help?  Dick nvrver

Well,  the page that came up said "Notes"  If that is the note pad, I will do what you suggest and may be that will work OK for me. 

Will let you know

nvrver said:
If I understand  your question, you want to bring up Notepad. 
What I have done is on my Windows 7 is gone into All Programs and clicked on Accessories, found Notepad, right clicked and pined it to my task bar.  Also pined my calculator to the task bar. 
Does this help?  Dick nvrver

I got note pad set up as you suggest.  It will work for what I am doing.

Thanks...

In the same group of accessories there is also Sticky Notes (like Post its) .
Go into All Programs and clicked on Accessories, found Sticky Notes, right clicked and pined it to my task bar.  You may like this one.  Dick nvrver

Back
Top Bottom