Second trip in our Winnebago was a success!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

readytorv

We just had our second trip in our new motorhome and it was a success!  It was a 4 hour trip which was more like 6 with the stops and time we took.  We met up with my sister and her kids at a waterpark in Redding, CA.  I am happy to say we had NO issues.  We had done a quick overnight trip 2 weeks prior just an hour from our house so we were fairly prepared.  I did forget a few things like a pot big enough to boil corn and butter knives lol.  I am happy to say that I'm very happy with the floor plan of our coach.  I love the bunks for the kids.. they are working out really well!  And our King bed is more comfortable than the one at home now that I've added a feather bed topper and an egg crate.  I'm also loving the pocket doors that shut off the bunk area so we can watch movies either in bed or in the front of the motorhome after kids are in bed.  My 2 year old adjusted very quickly with the toddler bed rail so it's just like being in his crib.  I'm also enjoying the comforts of home while we are on the road.  I have some health issues and being able to customize my bed comfort and pee while on the road is HUGE.  The only disappointment we had on this trip was I wasn't very comfortable with the steering while on the freeway.  We are looking into getting the alignment and tire pressure checked but having trouble finding a shop in our town that can accommodate the size of our motorhome.  And my husband is looking into selling his truck to buy a Jeep to tow behind us before our next trip which will be in late October.  Were headed down south to Pismo Beach and then onto Disneyland.  So excited!!!  Oh and we can bring our older dog with us everywhere now too.. makes taking trips a lot easier when we don't have to plan for a pet sitter :)

I know this is a little late, but it sure is fun isn't it.  I know the sense of excitement you feel each time I get to go which sure isn't often enough.
Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom