Lining up camper and pickup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punomatic

I am new to truck campers. We have been out twice in our new-to-us Adventurer, and we love it.  Don't miss the motor home at all.  The one thing I have not figured out is how to get the pickup lined up parallel to the camper when loading.  Is there a trick to this, or do you just use the trial and error method that works eventually, but seems like a waste of time?

We had a 10 foot popup pickup camper for years, and every spring we would just back very slowly underneath it, one person standing in the rear, giving signals on which way to turn to keep it straight. there wasn't much room near the jack's feet, so you had to be careful, but it worked.After a few times, it will get easier...  good luck..  we did like the ease of parking at any campground. Now we have a 30 ft 5th wheel, and have to plan ahead a bit more, to make sure we can get into a spot. 
'

I put a strip of bright tape at the center of the camper, and another one at the center of the truck bed that is mostly the length of the bed.  I keep those lined up while backing up.

ZuniJayne said:
I put a strip of bright tape at the center of the camper, and another one at the center of the truck bed that is mostly the length of the bed.  I keep those lined up while backing up.
Thanks, ZuniJayne.  That is an intriguing solution.

Back
Top Bottom