Sewer Solution Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roadtrekker2

Has anyone had a problem with their Sewer Solution with regard to connecting it to the camper drain?  My camper drain cover is too large!

You need to get a sewer hose connector such as this one at Camping World.  http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/termination-cap-with-hose-connector/6383  It's basically an adapter.  We only use our large hose when we're getting ready to dump the black tank, otherwise a simple garden hose is adequate for the gray water or, in your case, the Sewer Solution.

ArdraF

Sewer Solution should include a 3" adapter in the kit.
'
My reconnemdation is to scrap it and go with an electrically powered macerator pump.

They pump Faster, They pump Farther, They pump Higher (if you have to pump up hill) and they do not use gallons of fresh water to do the job and they do not all all that fresh water to the sewer greatly increasing the CG's cost of operation.

They just burn a few cents worth of 12 volt DC.

We do not use our Sewer Solution for normal dumping but it is a great backup when you need it and is easy to carry.

Sounds like you have a Thetford sewer hose connection, which used white caps.  Almost everyone has standardized on the black Valterra fittings, including Sewer Solution.  If you buy a new sewer hose that includes the ends, they'll also be Valterra.

You need a Thetford to Valterra adapter.  The Sewer Solution then attaches to the adapter.

I suggest mounting the adapter on your outlet and converting to the Valterra system the next time you replace your sewer hose.  Then you can get one of the heavy duty hoses like the Rhino hose that comes with attached Valterra fittings.  The cap Ardra mentioned is also Valterra.

Back
Top Bottom