First trip!!! ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay & Jazz

So just short of a month after our purchase of the Tioga we finally got her out on the road (other than back and forth to the back yard). Went to Vermont (from MA) and did some dry camping at Gifford Woods state park. Had a lot of rain and some sun. The sun was out and the rain held out long enough for us to drive to Bennington and hit the Vermont Garlic Festival!!

The festival parking was a giant field that with after all the rain had turned very soft and in some spots very muddy! The rig handled it like a dream! We also took her into the Arlington cemetery to visit a relative's grave and with just a little maneuvering we were able to get in and out the  tiny gates and roads like a pro.

Now we did have a little leak but it was only when the rain was REALLY coming down and wind blowing. I blocked off the part of the window with some duct tape and plastic bag and think I can seal that up with no issue. It wasn't a huge amount of water so I think we are OK. I ran the battery down a little too far a couple times and had to jump it to get the generator started. Good thing I brought my little jumper pack!

We have named it  "let it rain" since the last 6 years of tent camping have almost always turned into a little or a lot of rain. SO with that name and the luck we have, when the rain began Friday night we just smiled and said "Let it rain!"

~J&J

1994 Tioga 28'

Some of my most fun camping trips have been in the rain, and that was when I was tenting. I was also a lot younger. Good luck with the Tioga!

Looks like  people in drought areas should invite you over for some  camping!  Have fun!

Rain makes us appreciate not being in a tent. Saves all those trips to a laundromat to dry the sleeping bags. ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom