2013 Winnebago Vista 26HE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticbaby

I have 2 questions.
1.  What wax is used on our motorhome?  It's got the gel finish.
2.  We were told that it's best to flat tow a dinghy and not use a dolly.  Is this correct?

#2 question already a topic here.

arcticbaby said:
2.  We were told that it's best to flat tow a dinghy and not use a dolly.  Is this correct?

It depends on the dinghy. Some can be towed flat, some required a dolly and still others must be towed on a trailer. Check the other thread where you asked this same question. You got some good answers there.

I understand what you're saying, but I was wondering what Winnebago recommends for the 26HE.  thanks.

Neither flat nor dolly tow is "best" and Winnie has no recommendation either way. You choose the method that works for the vehicle you want to tow, and that suits your needs and budget.

A "wax" (most are synthetics rather than "wax" these days) is also largely a matter of preference. If Winnie has a recommendation, it would be in the owner manual, but I doubt if they name a brand. There are some brands that are quite popular among RVers, e.g. Protect-All and Gel Gloss, but these are just two of many. Most any polish suitable for fiberglass cars or boats is also fine for your Vista.

arcticbaby said:
I understand what you're saying, but I was wondering what Winnebago recommends for the 26HE.  thanks.

All Winnebago will do is recommend what weight you can tow with your 26HE, not the method. The method depends on the vehicle you're towing.

Besides the Vista 26HE what other vehicles do you own that you would want to tow it behind your Vista?  We can probably tell you if the vehicle you own is dolly or 4 down towable.  Most, not all motor home owners find 4 down preferable to dolly towing.  Dick nvrver

My source:  We do not wax the gel coat on your motorhome, if your dealer has done that prior to you buying it I would advise you to check with them on what kind of wax they used.  I would recommend a Meguiar?s Wax product to use as an exterior wax on your coach. 

You can use a 50 amp adapter but since your coach is only equipped for 30 amp services you will still only get 30 amp services into your motorhome.  The shore cord is like a fuse then, the cord wiring is for 30 amp, if there is a short and not pulling more than 50 amps the pole will not trip allowing the cord to get hot until wires melt. 

I don't recommend using them.  In regards to your towing question you will probably find it better to flat tow, that is what I would recommend otherwise there is the added weight that comes into play with dolly towing

Meguiars has an excellent (IMHO) fiberglass/gelcoat wax called Meguiars Flagship Premium Marine Wax.  The wax is easy to apply and comes off just as easy.  Leaves the finish very smooth.  I have only been using the wax for the past couple of months, so I can not really talk about durability yet!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom