Help with 1984 Manchester ASME propane tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adun015

I have, in my 1985 Vogue II, a 1984 Manchester ASME propane tank. The valve has stopped working. This is the Auto shut off valve that was used for a while by Manchester pre 1984 and has been discontinued for quite some time as I have found out. This is not the 80% auto shut off with the float on the backside of the valve inlet but all of the auto shut off is performed by the valve itself.
Now what I have found is, since I have removed the valve, that it has what appears to be a baffle or tube that comes off the back of the inlet just past the threads and needed to confirm that is what it is. I was set up to replace the valve but had ordered the regular Manchester replacement valve with the float and it will not work. So I will be replacing it with the pre-1984 filler valve but wanted to confirm that the tube I am seeing is just a baffle or diffuser of some type. I thought originally that it was the back-end of the float stuck and tried to move it but only managed to put a very small hole in the very end of it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom