Questions on 02 Georgie Boy Ford chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zimbrown

Hello all!? Yhis forum has been extremely helpful, and I have a few questions now that we bought our new (used) class A.? We have a 2002 Georgie Boy Landau 3402DS.? Ford chassis with V-10.

Does anyone have advice on this particular MH model from an "I have one" or "used to have one" point of view?

Generators - This coach has a 5k Onan Emerald.
? Is there an expected life span in hours?
? What's your input on wether or not to run it while driving in order to use coach A/C?
? Any Idea of expected fuel usage per hour?

Slides
? Do slideouts typically "tip" slightly when moving in or out?

We've already taken our first 2300 mile trip and everything went very well.? The drive itself was truly an enjoyable part of the vacation now!? We averaged about 7.5 mpg and that included 20 hours on the generator.? Is that to be expected?? I happen to have a Superchips programmer which will actually work on this engine, has anyone every tried that?

I hope its ok to ask this many questions in one post, please let me know if there is a more proper way to do this.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Don

Generators - This coach has a 5k Onan Emerald.
  Is there an expected life span in hours?
Thousands rather than tens or hundreds, so don't worry.  But do exercise the genset witha load on it at least monthly - lack of use will definitely cause problems later.

What's your input on wether or not to run it while driving in order to use coach A/C?
That's what I do and recommend to others. Most rigs will use slightly less fuel that way and cool the interior far better than the dash a/c can..

Any Idea of expected fuel usage per hour?
0.5 gal/hour is a fair estimate, but it depends on the load, i.e. the outside temperatures when runnin the a/c.

Slides
  Do slideouts typically "tip" slightly when moving in or out?
Some do, especially the "flat floor" type, hat drop down to leave a level floor. But they should always end up level, not tipped up or down. Have the slide adjusted if it does not.

We've already taken our first 2300 mile trip and everything went very well.  The drive itself was truly an enjoyable part of the vacation now!  We averaged about 7.5 mpg and that included 20 hours on the generator.  Is that to be expected?
Yes, that is about what I would expect form that chasis and size motorhome.

I happen to have a Superchips programmer which will actually work on this engine, has anyone every tried that?
I haven't but many people do.  If you have it re-programmed, make sure you use the profile for a motorhome rather than a pick-up truck or van - they are usually different. A motorhome is always working under heavy load and needs different parameters than a hot rod.

Gary,

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer!  Sounds like everything is working properly!

Don

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom