RVIA's 61st Annual RV Show, Pomona, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going, but I'm going there just to get some "Dream fuel".
I always feel bad about wasting salesman's time.

TonyDtorch said:
I'm going, but I'm going there just to get some "Dream fuel".
I always feel bad about wasting salesman's time.

I was involved with trade shows for over 20 years and we used to have a 2 hour presentation on handling customers during a busy show. There are many ways to "qualify" a prospect but the most motivating statement made was "Remember that most attendees did not come to buy so enjoy talking to the first 49 to get to number 50 who will."

Jeff said:
There are many ways to "qualify" a prospect but the most motivating statement made was "Remember that most attendees did not come to buy so enjoy talking to the first 49 to get to number 50 who will."

I attend shows really to look at what is on the market. I have been in contact with a few of the manufacturers, i.e., Thor, Winnebago, etc. who indicate that they will be well represented at the Pomona Show. If I did purchase at a show it would be a near miracle, as I don't make expensive decisions in an hour or two.

I am upfront with sales people and tell them straight out that I am more interested in looking more than buying. 

If they know what they are doing they will say "Have a nice show" and get on with it. The high pressure ones who keep pushing do nothing but irritate me.

I will be going the last week. But I will be going with a buddy that is thinking of getting into the RV lifestyle. Should be an interesting trip!

We're getting ready to head out to the RVIA Show on Thursday morning, I hope to find the motor home we will eventually purchase...and if the price is right, who knows maybe I'll drive one home.

The weather is supposed to SoCal perfect for this weekend, so it should be a great time. I love looking at all of the new floor plans, and the new gadgets.

We just got back from the RVIA Show and we were pretty pleased with the entire event. There was about a gazillion trailers and fivers. We were able to see most of what we wanted to see. The weather was nice (a little warm), the staff was pleasant, the food over-priced, and the sales people were on the job...

It also appeared the crowd was larger that the last couple years, it's good to see the economy starting to come back.

There were tons of dealers selling rigs, but surprisingly few vendors in the big tent. Maybe their prices have gotten too high for the vendors?

I went today, while out here for work.  We also went to Hershey this year.  It seems the prices are a little lower than the show prices in the east.

Back
Top Bottom