EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Win-XP Latest Update Speeds  (Read 5754 times)

DonJordan

• Former Staff
  • ---
Win-XP Latest Update Speeds
« on: February 27, 2005, 04:25:37 PM »
I recently downloaded and installed the most recent updates for Win-XP.  The main thing I see that I have "gained" is substantially slower load time when I first fire up my computer and likewise slower shut down.  Is this normal?
Don Jordan.

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
Re: Win-XP Latest Update Speeds
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 05:01:21 PM »
Perhaps.  Have you installed any new services too, like the MS antispyware beta program?
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

DonJordan

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 06:12:35 PM »
Perhaps. Have you installed any new services too, like the MS antispyware beta program?

Obviously I need to play with quotes to get only the text without the rest of the garbage <G>.  And the answer is yes, I installed the MS antispyware beta.  <sigh> I guess I need one of the prospective terahertz processors  :(
Don Jordan.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 08:05:37 PM »
Perhaps. Have you installed any new services too, like the MS antispyware beta program?

Obviously I need to play with quotes to get only the text without the rest of the garbage <G>. And the answer is yes, I installed the MS antispyware beta. <sigh> I guess I need one of the prospective terahertz processors :(

I have the MS spyware program installed and the latest XP SP2 update and haven't noticed any slow down of my Laptop.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Hosted by Over The Network