Win-XP Latest Update Speeds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonJordan

Moderator Emeritus
I recently downloaded and installed the most recent updates for Win-XP.  The main thing I see that I have "gained" is substantially slower load time when I first fire up my computer and likewise slower shut down.  Is this normal?

Perhaps.  Have you installed any new services too, like the MS antispyware beta program?

Ned said:
Perhaps. Have you installed any new services too, like the MS antispyware beta program?

Obviously I need to play with quotes to get only the text without the rest of the garbage <G>.  And the answer is yes, I installed the MS antispyware beta.  <sigh> I guess I need one of the prospective terahertz processors  :(

DonJordan said:
Ned said:
Perhaps. Have you installed any new services too, like the MS antispyware beta program?

Obviously I need to play with quotes to get only the text without the rest of the garbage <G>. And the answer is yes, I installed the MS antispyware beta. <sigh> I guess I need one of the prospective terahertz processors :(

I have the MS spyware program installed and the latest XP SP2 update and haven't noticed any slow down of my Laptop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom