QUESTIONS FOR CHANGING FLOORING???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoAnn

We have been toying with the idea of replacing our carpet with Allure flooring.  However I would love to replace the carpet around the cockpit and under the sofa and dinette on the slide.  We haven't decided if we want carpet in the bedroom or not.  Camping world gave us an estimate of $3200. +  Does this sound about right?  Has anyone had CW do this type of job?  This was using the flooring they have, I'm not sure if we can bring the Allure to CW. 

I'm not in a big hurry to get this done.  We are heading from NY to Vero Beach, FL the end of Oct.  I'm wondering if anyone knows of installers along the way we could contact for estimates. 

Thanks, JoAnn. 

I'm not in favor of anything CW has to offer- my opinion, your mileage may vary. You could detour to Texas after Jan 1 and I can help you. I use better products then the big box stores.

Scott, we have a 33' Simba by Safari, with 2 slides, 2004.  I'm a little leery of CW also, that's why I would like to find someone else.  They would be out last resort.  Ernie, I will keep that in mind.  We may end up in TX one of these days.  Our daughter is returning from the Philippines, with her family, next March.  There's a chance they could end up in Houston, with her husband's job.  Where are you located?

JoAnn

Ernie, what is a ballpark estimate for a new floor (galley and living room area of a 35 foot MH)?

Ernie, does that include changing carpet on one slide and cockpit?  We have a 33' 

Another question, if we were to just replace the carpet and laminate along the kitchen area is the labor
about the same?

Thanks,
JoAnn

I base my labor at $300 per day. If you do demo, will save me time and you money.

Thanks for giving us the means for comparison.  I wish we were going to be out your way sometime soon.

JoAnn

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom