Satellite on multiple tvs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schraderfan

I just purchased a 2014 saber 5th wheel and I had a stationary dish mounted on top. I have the HDMI cable on my dish receiver going to the main tv and it works great. My question is how do I get the signal on my other 2 tvs? Is there a way to back feed to them? Thanks

I assume you realize that if you only have a single receiver then your other TVs will have to all watch the same channel.  Some receivers have a coax output that you can feed into whatever distribution system was built into your coach.  If you don't have a coax output. you can use the RCA jacks (yellow, red, white) to send a signal to them; the best way to do that would be buy a modulator so the video and audio outputs can be converted to RF and sent via a coax.  You can also buy devices that will split an HDMI signal and put it on multiple cables but I doubt you have HDMI cables running to the locations where the other TVs are.  If you provide a bit more information we can give you more specific suggestions.

Yes I understand that. I do have an output off the receiver that says out to tv so I ran a short cable from there to the "coach" system but I get nothing.

Our coach came with a 4X4 Matrix switch.  It has 4 HDMI inputs and 4 HDMI outputs.  The remote HMDI's are fed with CAT 5 or 6 cables and have a small box to convert the signal to HDMI.  The system costs around $400 and you would have to run 2 CAT 5 cables to each TV.  Easy for the coach maker to install while being built, but probably a bear to install post build.

Depending on which Sat you installed and how many total outputs it has you can set up a powered switch that will allow you to use the coax that goes from the front switching panel to the rear TV as well as feeding any other TV's you may use like outside.

Jeff I purchased the wine guard satellite. Is there a part number for that switch? Where do I get it and detailed instructions? Sorry I'm not good with electronics. FYI, I was told to use a booster on the line out to tvs but that does not work.

If you have Direct TV, did you get the SK-SWM3 Winegard dish or the non SWM version (SK3005)? The SK3005  can be converted the SWM capability with a kit from Winegard.

With a SWM capable dish, in a few months you will be able to buy a Direct TV Genie system that uses wireless clients for each additional TV. The system is in beta testing now and is nearing release.
Running cables won't be necessary with the new Genie system.

Clay L said:
If you have Direct TV, did you get the SK-SWM3 Winegard dish or the non SWM version (SK3005)? The SK3005  can be converted the SWM capability with a kit from Winegard.

With a SWM capable dish, in a few months you will be able to buy a Direct TV Genie system that uses wireless clients for each additional TV. The system is in beta testing now and is nearing release.
Running cables won't be necessary with the new Genie system.

I have the wireless in my house now, installed about two weeks ago -- two Genie wireless "clients" and they work well. With "whole house" (I have a more conventional Direct DVR also), it's all well integrated, yet I can pop out either the Genie or the regular DVR, put it in my Beaver with the Winegard SK-SKm3 Trav'ler, and I'm good to hit the road.

Schraderfan said:
Jeff I purchased the wine guard satellite. Is there a part number for that switch? Where do I get it and detailed instructions? Sorry I'm not good with electronics. FYI, I was told to use a booster on the line out to tvs but that does not work.

You will need a SWM8 switch, power inserter, and splitter to make the 3005 compatible with DirecTV's Genie system.

Larry N. said:
I have the wireless in my house now, installed about two weeks ago -- two Genie wireless "clients" and they work well. With "whole house" (I have a more conventional Direct DVR also), it's all well integrated, yet I can pop out either the Genie or the regular DVR, put it in my Beaver with the Winegard SK-SKm3 Trav'ler, and I'm good to hit the road.

Are you part of the beta test or has it been released?

I installed this baby from IOGEAR with my Directv and Winegard SK-3005 and it works like a charm in the bedroom, especially since I have an IF remote (not IR) and can flip channels from the rear without worrying about line of sight.

Huge points with my bride who wants to watch in the back while I am working in the front.

Clay L said:
Are you part of the beta test or has it been released?

I'm not (knowingly) part of a beta test. They originally scheduled me to get the wired "clients" but the I found the wiring arrangements unacceptable, primarily because they were re-using the connections I'd used for Comcast, and with Comcast internet (which I kept) going into one room where I wanted a "client," the wired one wouldn't work. So they changed it to wireless for me. It's working fine -- two of them, actually, both great. It's simple to move, if needed -- unplug the HDMI, unplug the 110V and rehook in the new location, even in the motorhome (until I leave the house, that is). That's it.

skyking4ar2 said:
I installed this baby from IOGEAR with my Directv and Winegard SK-3005 and it works like a charm in the bedroom, especially since I have an IF remote (not IR) and can flip channels from the rear without worrying about line of sight.

Huge points with my bride who wants to watch in the back while I am working in the front.

Kim do I understand this correctly, the second TV has to watch the same channel as the front TV ?

Jeff, yes, that is correct. That solution obviously won't work for folks who need to have multiple TV's in use at the same.

However, our problem was that Christi could not watch her Directv shows (real time or recorded) during the day while I was working up front - we do not have a need for multiple TV's on at the same time which the Directv Genie addresses.

Kim

We feed a couple of TVs from one receiver in AZ using coax that isn't the greatest signal so that would be a good replacement.

Back
Top Bottom