New Tires or....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris,

Sorry to hear about your son's accident.  We hope that everything is OK and that he recovers soon.

Chris:
I strongly reccomend you add Smartire to your tire order! It has saved my bacon 3 times so far.

1. L front RV tire looked OK as I filled fuel, but after that I had lunch in coach and had smartire sound it's alarm as I drove off. Nail in tire.

2&3 were slow leaks in toad tires.

Before smartire, I had car tire destroyed within 15 miles of leaving CG. Tire had looked fine during hook up. $2,000.00 damage!

Did a google on it.  Very impressive!  I have plenty of life on my tires, but at replacement time I think I'll add this.  Probably most useful for trailer tires you can't quite see.

chrpennings said:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the advice on the tires. We really appreciated your visit with Pat, Tom and Chris to our Sugar Barge rally in the Deltas.
How are things proceeding on your new cabinet at Davis ? Are you applying for a patent ?
Hello to Pat and till Moab.

Chris

Hi Chris,

It was a fun visit.

The cabinet should be built tomorrow. Shaun has spent a lot of time modifying the lift mechanism. I guess he'll fight me for any patent rights. ;D It will be nice when everything is done. Two thirds of the dash is missing. :)

Yes by all means post some photos of the dash as it is now, maybe one or tow as they progess ans a couple of the finished product.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Jim

>>Two thirds of the dash is missing. <<

How about some pictures of that?

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Hi Terry, (and Ron)

I have them in the camera. Will try to get one uploaded. Not a pretty picture. :) I've been having really bad connection problems with the Nokia. Seems like the computer doesn't want to recognize the cable at times and then will dump me during a session. I hope I can get back on again later.

Bernie,

If I was you I still would be concerened about the future competion of factory installed pressure monitor devices and with the inventory you have you better start giving framily members a large discount  ;D ;D ;D
The new future caoch will be a specialized modified Dynasty 38' with tax axle, 625 HP Cat C15 and Goodyears RV 670 racing tires.
The coach will be prepped for racing against the Brown UPS truck at the pre Nascar races. ??? ???
See you in Moab with the old caoch.
Chris

Hi Terry,

If I would have the tires balanced with Equal, will that have an effect on the smarttire sensors mounted inside the tires?

Chris

Hi Russ,
I am looking at tire pressure devices, haven't decided which ones. :-\ I have twice lost front tires on the toad at over $ 2000. each occasion.But :'(
I am still young and learning but not so fast anymore.
Chris

Hi Jim,

I am sure Shaun will pay you royalties if Ron decides to have one build for the Eagle. I would not give Ron the pictures before you have a deal. ;D

Hi Jim,

I'm sure that Shaun will gave you a cick back if Ron decides to have one build for the Eagle. If you post the pictures tell him that they are proprietary. ;D
Chris

Nah Ron won't be considering changes until the present TV quits. ?I like the idea and have some preliminary ideas but present TV works just fine. ?

chrpennings said:
Bernie,

If I was you I still would be concerened about the future competion of factory installed pressure monitor devices and with the inventory you have you better start giving framily members a large discount  ;D ;D ;D

Chris

The factory installed monitors only work on the car when the ignition is on and only give you a warning (inside the car) that one of your tires (usually don't say which or how much) is low. The is no signal back to the coach driver and trucks will not be required to provided the pressure monitor. Any of the motor home systems out there will do a far superior job of handling the issue than the government required devices. Not concerned.

Chris

>>If I would have the tires balanced with Equal, will that have an effect on the SmarTire sensors mounted inside the tires?<<

I don't think so...but call Les Schwab in Junction City, OR for the answer as they are real experts on SmarTire as they install more than anyone else.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Ron said:
Do you know the approximate cost for Smartire for the coach and for the toad?

Ron,

I had mine done at the Les Schwab dealer in Junction City last August for a bit under $1500 for 6 MH and 4 toad wheels.  They installed two antennas.

Phil

Ron

>>Do you know the approximate cost for Smartire for the coach and for the toad?<<

I paid $433 for the Envoy & did the antenna & wiring install myself, It was $697 for the Country Coach, I got new tires at the same time so there was no extra charge for mounting/dismounting. I also did the wiring & programming so there was no charge for that.

Terry
At Yuma, AZ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom