Pheasant Ridge RV Park near Portland OR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pat

I am currently here in Wilsonville OR at the Pheasant Ridge RV Park.  This place is nice.  It's quiet.  No campfire smoke.  Well, there was that little forest fire the other evening, but LOTS of local fire departments had it under control and the smoke diminishing in about an hour. 

Noise from I-5 is just a whisper.  Rent is going up to $410 per month plus electricity.  Power in here is better than I've ever seen anywhere, even during peak afternoon heat.

Sites are not too long and somewhat slanted, because the whole place is on a hillside.  There are some big rigs in here.  Just takes some creative positioning.  NO PARKING in the street.  None.  Nada.  The blacktop is full of red "fire lane" signs.  Pretty much everybody adheres to that rule.  Very few kids running around screaming.  Kids are fine, but I have found out here that I love the peace and quiet.

Some of the internet reviews of this park were unfavorable mainly because of the pet rule (under 40 lbs).  All the pets are small, but they are walked happily all around in here.  A couple people's cats run around much of the time.

They clean the facilities from 10 to 12pm.  Is that convenient, or what?  Nobody is in there closing down the bathhouse at 8am when everybody's trying to shower for the day.  Showers are spacious with plenty of hooks.  Each one has a privacy curtain for its little dressing area.  Water pressure is great.

They recently upgraded the wifi, which has created enough improvement to get it way over to the corner of the park where I am, with a good receiver.  It still leaves a lot to be desired in the areas of strength and capacity.  The modem room has a phone line and two ethernet lines.

The bath house is spotless.  Laundry room is spacious and open all night outside of those cleaning hours.  No cramming in with the crowds during a few daylight hours.

Across the street is a little mall area with a Target, Costco, Starbucks, Office Depot, Pier 1, PetsMart, Supercuts, and some food joints.  Three miles down I-5 are grocery stores, Fry's Electronics, NAPA.  Needless to say, a few miles north is Portland, with everything.

I will be back.

--pat

Pat:

Pheasant Ridge was always the choice of most of us from Seattle when headed for the south side of Portland. Convient to shopping, restaurants, and CW as well. (Sorry Ron  ;)).

Jim:

Fun, isn't it. Besides, Ron is sitting up there in Lewistown with nothing to challenge him except working on the house-he needs a little stimulation.

LOL Jeff, talking about Affinity Group will surely stimulate Ron.

One little knit I have here has me annoyed.? This park's streets were paved with frequent, steep speed bumps that are diagonal, so the wheels hit the cruddy things at different times.? That means for every miserable bump you have to bounce each wheel up then down. Minimum 8 whams of your motorhome, possessions, pets, passengers shaken severely side to side.? 5mph isn't slow enough to avoid such damage.? Park speed limit is 10mph.? Traffic control is nonexistent.? The only people who disregard the speed limit have vehicles that thrive on such terrain.? ? I have no comprehension how someone can get into the business of providing a public service, such as a campground, in which they deliberately create a condition that serves no purpose other than to damage people's property.? Nasty and one of the most mean-spirited things I've seen in a campground.?

--pat

Pat,

We've seen those diagonal speed bumps in several campgrounds and can't see any logical reason for placing them like that.  I understand the need for speed bumps, but make the square to the road at least.  Better yet, just post the speed limits and evict anyone that violates the rules.  Of course, that would cost the park money so won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom