Fulltimers That Travel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

I am curious who in this forum is a 24/7 year round fulltimer in their RV that travel (not parked in one spot year round).

It would be fun to see these 4 pieces of info:

WHO (how many people and pets live and travel with you)
WHAT (size, age and type of rig and toads)
WHEN (when you became a fulltimer and when you stopped being a fulltimer if you have)
CAMP NUMBERS (number of different campgrounds or RV spots you overnighted in the last 12 months)

My answers for the four above would be:

WHO Just me and my crazy little 6 pound monkey dog, occasionally one friend hops aboard for a few weeks

WHAT  1994, 28 foot Class C Tioga Montara with a bicycle (no car and no slide outs either)

WHEN started fulltiming in Dec 2009 but hit the road in March 2010, still traveling as of today

CAMP NUMBERS in the last 12 months, I workamped in 3 places in 3 states for 8 months total, but still managed to overnight in 25 different campgrounds.

WHO  Tara, Myself, and Toby
WHAT 2011 Journey 34y
WHEN Since fall, 2009
WHERE 21 spots including four mos in FL, one mo in Moab, one mo in Minneapolis,  one mo. In CO, and two stops at storage bldg.

Ernie

I have been fulltiming for about 16 months in a 32' Class C.  Here are my answers:

WHO - Just me, a 70-year-old woman.  No pets.

WHAT - 2012 32' Tioga Ranger Class C with no toad, but an electric bike on the rear.

WHEN - Started full-timing in June 2012. 

CAMP NUMBERS - I tend to stay anywhere from 2-8 days in a campground, and have probably stayed at 65 campgrounds in the last 12 months.

My plans are to slow down a bit and stay longer, maybe a week or two in each campground. One thing you did not ask was mileage.  I have driven 29,000 miles in 16 months over 34 states, so that would be about 22,000 miles per year.  That is too many, in my opinion, but I have really been touring the U.S.  I have kids and grandkids in Ohio and California, so I keep bouncing back and forth.  The little ones love to stay in Grandma's "camper" so I chose a motorhome that sleeps 6 or 7.

Still traveling and plan to do so until health or injury prevents me from continuing.  Lots of places I want to see.  I teach college classes online while I travel, so that keeps me busy and pays my bills.

WHO: Beth and Harvey Ingberg with our Yorkshire Terrorist (terrier) Bella
WHAT: 1995 Newmar Dutchstar
WHEN: Just got started in June of this year
WHERE: Spent all of June and July in Black Hills setting up domicile etc, now working our way south to spend winter in Arizona, presently at Couchita Lake in New Mexico. Have stayed in about 7 campgrounds so far.

My wife and I, plus Ryder, the Ethiopian monkey beaver dog

2007 35 ft. Montana fifth wheel pulle3d by a 2002 F250 with a 7.3 liter diesel

started June 16th a year ago. will stop when they shovel dirt in my face

We volunteered in Steamboat lake State Park this summer for 4 months, so that cut down on the number of places we have stayed. 50+???

Good topic.

WHO: two adults, no animals traveling with us but we enjoy other people's pets
WHAT: 2009 HitchHiker Champagne 5W pulled by a 2007 GMC 3500 dually (which we plan to replace soon)
WHEN:  started fulltiming in January 1997
WHERE:  About a dozen different places, including stays on our lots in SKP co-ops in Benson, AZ and Sutherlin, OR

WHO - just the two of us

WHAT - 2009 25' class C - no slide, no toad. We like to stay compact.

WHEN - started fulltiming in 1993 with no plans to quit

CAMP NUMBERS - I have no idea -lol! We tend to meander, boondocking and overnighting in parking lots with an occasional
                            night in a public campground

WHO Just Dutch and me
WHAT 1996/2010 triple slide Carriage 5th wheel pulled by our 1996 Dodge ram 3500 dually-soon to be a 2014 dodge ram 3500 dually
WHEN We are finishing up our 17th year of fulltiming.  No stix N Bricks and we don't stay in one park for more than 2 weeks at a time 98% of the time.  Usually it is a night or 2 then we'll find a park we enjoy and stay a month. that's the fun part of our lifestyle
CAMP NUMBERS Have absolutely no idea.  We use parks, campgrounds &  boondock.  Hugs, Di

This is fun information, though I am surprised at the low number so far (10 replies) as I was hoping there were more fulltimers that come to this forum, but then again, it's so easy to get busy traveling and have no time for internet.

Hope to hear from more fulltimers and thanks for the fun info.

WHO: Just the 2 of us
WHAT: 1997 Holiday Rambler LE, 38', 2007 GMC Canyon
WHEN: Started May, 1997
CAMP NUMBERS: 48 since leaving our summer base last year, not counting our home base in TX

Who - Just me - 63 year old male.
What - 18.5 foot 1997 fifth wheel - pulled by a 1997 F-150.
When - Started in January of 2011
Where - All over the SW United States and up to Alaska and back - too many campgrounds to recall but 75 plus. Including a 3 month work kamper in Alaska and 3 months in AZ last winter - no firm plans yet for this winter, but working on it.

Love the life style - now shopping for a bigger truck to be able to pull a little bigger 5th wheel. This first small unit was a test and I passed!!

Good info and fun reading...

Jim

Interesting that several of us full-time in Class Cs, where often on this site I see a lot of postings about how it is not possible to full-time in a Class C!! 

We have known many full timers on the eight years we ave been on the road. The caution to new folks is tgat pace becomes precious when you are full timing.

Who - Sue and I
What - 2006 NRV Tradewinds
When - June 2005 - Oct 2011 now we spend 6 months in the Tradewinds each year
Camp numbers - 25 spots in 13 states so far this year

Who:  Tom and I (and Dusty, our Yellow Lab 1997-2002.)
What:  36 foot Bounder Diesel during the full-timing years.
When:  1997 to present.  Hung up the keys in 2011 or so.  Still live in a fifth wheel at Timber Valley SKP park, Oregon.
Camp Numbers:  Too many to count or remember, all wonderful!  Traveled about 115,000 miles or so, coast to coast at least three times.

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom