Finding Service Tech

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A

AmeDeBoheme

ok...I am having super trouble finding places around me to work on my MH. I want to have the brakes checked out and possibly replaced before we head out on the road in a month from now. I am currently on the seacoast of NH/ME border and surrounded by dozens of RV places.

But when I call - RV places tell me they do not do any Chassis work, and to call a truck place. The truck places tell me they don't work on MH's and to contact an RV place. General repair garages tell me they are not equipped to handle large rigs like ours. The only place I have found within a half hour to an hour driving radius is a truck repair place who says they do MH work at double their $125 an hour rate. WTH?!

I found a "mobile rv repair" guy on Craigslist - he came one day and did some general tune up work (spark plugs, hoses, oil changes etc) told me he was coming back the next day with parts and tools to do the brakes and a few other things - he seemed like a trust worthy fella who was going out of his way so i had no problem giving him the money up front for the parts and the next days work. He never showed back up and ripped me off to the tune of almost 700 bucks.

Is this common to have such difficulty finding people to do simple brake work that won't cost me more than I paid for the rig itself? What kind of a price tag am I to expect for a basic break job? Am I going to have this kind of trouble on the road in remote parts of the country?

would appreciate the feedback

1984 Pace Arrow

If your motor home is on a Ford chassis call Ford Motor Home Customer Assistance Center 800-444-3311.  A few years ago while traveling and they gave me a Lincoln Mercury dealer near to where I was that did Ford motor home chassis work.  If you are a Good Sam member try to contact a Standby Sam near your location.  They are Good Sam members that volunteer to help fellow Samer?s, they don?t do work, but might be able to tell you who does.  Dick nvrver
PS:  I you list what type of RV and chassis you have it would help with replies.

Since you are in seacoast NH, try Boucher's RV Sales in Lyman, ME - not far from Biddeford.

Give B & B Auto Truck & RV Service Center a call. They are located on Rte 11 in Farmington NH.  1-603-755-9113. He's done work on my car before . They treated me real good. I don't know what their rates per hour are.  From Portsmouth, they are north about 30 minutes or so. Go up the Spaulding TPKE and take Exit 15. At the end of the ramp, take a left and go to the second set of lights (about 3 miles). They are on the left at those lights.

Another place would be Rochester Truck in Rochester NH.  1-603-335-2084. They're also about 30 minutes north of Portsmouth.  Again, go north on the Spaulding TPKE and take Exit 12. At the end of the ramp, go left. At the 3rd set of lights,  take a right and go about 500 feet and they'll be on your left. I don't know if they work on RV's or what their rates are but they are also very good to deal with.

I can't believe Boucher's RV will do front end work. They're just a small time used RV dealership but they may!!!

Back
Top Bottom