? AGE OF OLD ROD AND REEL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FX

My boss was getting rid of all his old fishing stuff that was taking up space in his garage.  I got 1st pick of an old rod and reel which appeared pretty old.  Can anyone help out on approximate age???
The rod is 6' long, with wooden handles.  The rod itself is metal and square, not round.  The only marking on it is 'Oxford'.
I have never seen anything like it. 
The reel is is a Penn Peer No 109.  I am not so interested in the reel as the rod but will take any info on either. 
Thanks!

Hard to tell without seeing it and having previously seen them. I had a hex shaped metal fishing rod that was telescopic circa 1960. Don't recall the brand.

Just saw a couple of square section metal rods on eBay. I don't think you have an antique.

I found this on EBAY ;

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-of-Metal-Fishing-Rods-Oxford-and-Uncle-Tom-Reel_W0QQitemZ300017811444QQcmdZViewItem

That was easy? ;D of course that doesn't do much for the age, but if you look up the other pole in google, they all seem to be circa 1930's-1940's ?

Believe it or not, I have never been on e-bay.
Geez that sold for cheap!  It looks like like I am not holding onto a goldmine here, but it is neat.  I can see myself spending a lot of money on e-bay...now excuse me while I shop!

Back
Top Bottom