Who's up for Lake Pleasant or Alamo Lake for a New Year's celebration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karl

Moderator Emeritus
Elkhart Lake, WI for the summer. Work at Road Amer
Anyone ready for a mini-rally at Lake Pleasant or Alamo Lake this coming New Year?

Last year people went different ways, so maybe this would be a good time to get back together again! Let's show some of our newer members how we handle adversities like great conversations around roaring fires, too much good food, fun games (Betty, get your Checkers warmed up), and an overall relaxing, good time :D

"Gentlepersons; Start Your Engines!"

Note: I modified this to include Lake Pleasant. A number of us were there last year, and had a wonderful time. Great facilities and weather, and no "forty miles of rough road".

How politically correct of you ... 'gentlepersons' :)

We're going to be in Death Valley for Christmas and then Quartzsite for the rally in January so New Year's at Alamo SP would fit in nicely if I can just talk Mike into it (he dislikes cold weather so staying away from Colorado for a couple of months in the winter isn't unappealing).

BTW, I have dominoes, checkers, backgammon, scrabble, Black Box, and lots of other games......

We're planning on going back to Lake Pleasant for New Years.  Closer to civilization yet nice views.  We'll be in the electric only sites above the lake, not in the park as we were last year.

Alamo Lake is an Arizona State Park located about 110 miles northwest of Phoenix in the middle of nowhere....but a lovely place.

Lake Pleasant allow for a Fry's fix too for those so inclined.  The lady's can get to WalMart in less than two hours too :)

This is my year to plan the vacations and the Brewers will be in Lake Alamo for News Years.  Likely in  the hook up sections, unless there are a huge number who want to go then we would opt for the group dry camping spot.  A one day trip into Wickenburg will suffice for a grocery run and for Anitas for lunch. 

Betty

Karl said:
Wendy,

C'mon now, there's a WM in Lake Havasu and (I think) in Parker. Does that mean you're not coming to QZ? ;D

Of course I'm coming to Quartzsite....remember, I'm going to be there before you and Smoky. However, if you recall, with the traffic, it takes an hour to get from the area the forum camps to the interstate so Lake Havasu is more than 2 hours away.

They didn't really build a WM in Parker, did they??

Betty Brewer said:
This is my year to plan the vacations and the Brewers will be in Lake Alamo for News Years.  Likely in  the hook up sections, unless there are a huge number who want to go then we would opt for the group dry camping spot.  A one day trip into Wickenburg will suffice for a grocery run and for Anitas for lunch. 

Betty

Betty,

I'm not going to Lake Alamo but, I would be willing to drive to Wickenburg to meet you at Anitas for lunch.

PhilB

Plans are still very open, but Marlene and I might consider going back to Lake Pleasant. Definite no re Alamo Lake. TOO far from civilization. :D

I am new to this forum and your rallies so I don't know where Alamo Lake is!
Alamo Lake is about 30 miles North of Wendon, AZ. You take Cunningham Pass out of Wendon, that turns into Alamo Dam Access, and continue on it to the lake. It's at GPS Coordinates N34 13.899 W113 35.847. The road, Cunningham Pass, intersects with Hwy 60 out of Wendon at N33 49.354 W113 32.473.

Phil said:
I'm not going to Lake Alamo but, I would be willing to drive to Wickenburg to meet you at Anita's for lunch.Phil

Phil and Lorna,

The group at Alamo met today and planned our activities.  Friday night we have our potluck.  On Saturday we are meeting at  Wayside at 12 o'clock for lunch. On Sunday we are resting up for New Year's eve.  On Monday we are celebrating New Year's Day.  When we called Anita's in Wickenburg they indicated they were very busy and that Sunday would be the busiest day so we won't be going to Anita's this year.  The group here is enjoying great weather, fantastic sunsets, a terrific potluck and  plans more.  Russ is hosting nightly slide shows of Alaska travels .  This is a good time with great friends in a reunion mode.  We celebrate our health and our friendships  in the RV lifestyle.

Betty Brewer (and Terry)  reporting for the Lake Alamo participants.

George V.
Russ M.
Fred and Daisy
Tom and Margi
Don and Peg
Ken and Sheila

Here are some pics of the pot luck at Lake Alamo, AZ

Attachments

• Potluck05 (Small).JPG
    Potluck05 (Small).JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Potluck07 (Small).JPG