Truck Camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skirk55

We just sold our fifth wheel and we want to wait until I retire to get the one we want.
We are going from Pa. To Calf. And back. We got a few prices on renting a motorhome. The cost was around $4000.00 plus miles.
So we are looking for a truck camper.  I own a 2011 Dodge 2500 diesel  crew cab long bed.
Now to find a good used one! Most RV dealers do not even have any on the floor. Is this type of camping camper on the way out?
It is just my wife and I and after the fifth wheel we know it will be tight. Are we making a mistake?

My wife and I have a small TC and spend any where from a month and a half to 3 months living out of it. We basically use it just to sleep in as we like to spend our time outside in nature. we cook outside, eat outside and sometimes shower outside when there's no camp showers. We have no holding tanks, just a fresh water tank and a 5 gal. portable gray water tank, two 12 volt batteries and solar panels. We really like the freedom of no set up, we can go any where a pickup can go plus you have all your stuff with you. There great if you like to move around a lot. So you might want to determine how you like to camp. If we know for sure we are going to be some where for more than a week we might take it off the truck. But the beauty  of leavening it on is when the new guy in the lot next to you backs in and unloads his contractor generator with a bad muffler, just clean of the picnic table, throw the chairs in side and move. I'm sure my wife and I are near one end of the camping continuum, but it works for us. Hope this helps and good camping in what ever you choose to camp in!
Tom

You are in PA now?  Just check Craigslist and leave your name at the dealers, one will turn up.  I am in Yellowstone NP and there is no shortage of TC's out here.  Might be an East Coast shortage. 

I have had 4 different TC's.  Favorite of the 4 was an Alpenlite with a slide and a dry bath.  Traded it and my 1ton Ford Dsl in for a motorhome.  Half tempted to trade back now.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/rvs/4053282889.html  this has a nice truck with it as well.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/rvs/4041300351.html

Each end of the state, many more on there.

Back
Top Bottom