EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Fall colours  (Read 1206 times)

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
Fall colours
« on: September 23, 2013, 06:41:45 AM »
     Since this topic seems to come up every fall, and since this is the first day of Fall, I thought this article might be of interest to those of you who might want to see all the glorious colours of fall:  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/travel/activities-and-interests/top-spots-to-enjoy-canadas-spectacular-fall-colours/article14408927/
     You will note the reference to Thanksgiving, don't forget Canadian Thanksgiving is the second Monday in October, so this year it is October 14.  We have seen fall colours from Ontario east, and we do concur that they are very special along the Cabot Trail and well worth the trip at that time of the year.

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

hpykmpr

• ---
Re: Fall colours
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:22:34 AM »
For anyone interested we took the trip from Durango to Ouray ,Colorado last week and some of the leaves were breathtaking....Alan

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »
We've been traveling south through New England, NY, and PA for the last 18 days. Unfortunately, our southward progress has kept us just ahead of the changing colors, so we've mostly seen greenish-golds with only brief spots of red here and there.

Pennsylvania along northern I81 was beginning to show some nice reds last week and I suspect it is getting nice in Maine and northern VT/NH by now, too. Wish we could delay another week or two to see more, but we have appointments to keep.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

AmeDeBoheme

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 11:35:12 PM »
Oh Gary you will miss the good stuff for sure here in NH/ME - heading up to mid/northern NH tomorrow and hoping for some nice colours but next weekend for sure will be spectacular!

Chet18013

• ---
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:05:09 AM »
The leaves are just starting to turn at the Delaware Water Gap. The 2nd and 3rd week of OCT are always maximum color there and are breath taking.

Chet18013
Full time in a 45' '04 Monaco Signature
towing a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel

Hosted by Over The Network