EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: What brand/type electric heater to use for full timing?  (Read 8095 times)

cat199

• ---
Re: What brand/type electric heater to use for full timing?
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 11:47:28 AM »
I know some have said that the heat strips you add to the A/C heat pumps don't work well- and they are called chill chaser, but I added them to my 2 heat pump units, and stayed comfortable. We have been in the Newport Oregon area for 4 weeks and then in Couer D Alene Idaho for 2 weeks. They will not bring the temperature up in a cold motor very fast. They are rated at 1600 watts 5600 Btus each. The air coming out is 8- 10 degrees warmer than the going into the vent. I wish it was possible to run the fan on low when running electric heat but with my set up its not, so the 8-10 degrees differential is with the fan in high. It is noisy ,same as running the AC but it does move the air around in the motorhome, so the temperature in the motorhome is more evenly distributed. Once the temperature dropped into the mid teens then I had a portable 1500 watt Broan electric heater I plugged in. We kept the temperature at 68 degrees. So you can get some pretty useful heat from them and still be able to use your inside receptacle for more heaters if you need them. The only propane I used was for cooking.
The two real negatives are I couldnt run the fans on low.
And you have to wait for the heat pump control to switch from heat pump to heat strips. It would be better if you could choose heat strips rather than wait.

wsb

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
Pelonis Cube  for me.  Worth the $ because it  is not on/off.  It is always running adjusting its own heat and volume to the temp. you set.  Seems more efficient than the cheapos I have had.  Keeps my main room at a constant temp w/o highs and lows. 28' class A

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 01:24:42 PM »
I use an assortment of CUBE heaters starting with The world's smallest space heater (That is what it says on the box) Which I just put in ye-old wet bay because.. Well it's supposed to get cold so I added it to the strings of lights already living there.  And I'll replace a few BOB's tomorrow (Burned out Bulbs).

I just got a 20 dollar ceramic at Wally World (Bit less actually)

What I really wanted but.. Alas, takes more gas than I hav e to get it, is a small 1500 watt electric "Fireplace" that Camping world has on sale just now.. (Or I could get it at ACE perhaps but they are closed today).  About 50 or 60 bucks, it is about the size of the screen on this firepl..er, computer (Yes there is a fireplace app for Win-8.x Nice Cracleling fire, no heat though).

I'm running FOUR 1500 watt heaters this week, Normally that's 3 + a spare but this week all 4 will be needed.. And I may add propane to the mix too.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Hosted by Over The Network