Passport America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
N

Neva

fredethomas said:
I agree with you Richard - the Hatch cut-off to Deming is good.? Also near the Deming end there is a good park -Starlight Villlage Resort. Huge pull throghs.? About $18.00.? Not Passport America.

Ok, the new comer is back.  What is Passport America?  Or should I just google it?

Neva

Passport America is a sort-of club membership that you buy that gets you half off at a lot of campgrounds.....costs $44 and you save that using it a couple of times. Well worth the cost. I think most of us here have PA.

Neva,

Passport America is a plan that you subscribe to and get 50% off camping at participating parks. Everyone who's posted about it here says it's a good deal.

Get "Microsoft VBScript runtime  error '800a001c'

Out of stack space: 'CheckGUID'

/includes/secure_off.asp, line 50 "

When trying to follow the link, Tom

wendycoke said:
Passport America is a sort-of club membership that you buy that gets you half off at a lot of campgrounds.....costs $44 and you save that using it a couple of times. Well worth the cost. I think most of us here have PA.

Thank you Wendy, that sounds really good.  I'll check into it.

Tom,

Thanks for the link.  It works on my machine.

Neva

The link works, you may have a corrupted IE file or VB script related system file.

Thanks Neva, Ned. Works on my machine too.

Woodartist, I use FF, but I suspect others are using different browsers.

Wendy,

My link was a little different: http://www.passport-america.com

Just checked, and they go to different places  :-\  Need to check this out.

http://www.passportamerica.com/ Works fine. I posted a response but think it got clobbered on the "move." The original link worked fine in IE, but not FF. However the previous works fine in FF. Not a big deal...just curious why? I've been all over the net today and everything worked fine...oh, I did clean the cache in FF...no difference.

woodartist said:
I posted a response but think it got clobbered on the "move."

Not clobbered at all - it's still where you posted it here, posted after I'd split and moved the messages to this new topic with a subject line that relates to the discussion. I wasn't fast enough to find, move/merge your post before your latest post.

Hmmmm, curious. Definitely different websites, different phone numbers, but same price and looks like the same deal. One does list "Passport America, Inc." at the bottom while the other just says "Passport America." Both advertise The "Original" 50% Discount Camping Club. The unhypenated addy is the one listed on our PA card. Curiouser and curiouser.

Neva said:
Thank you Wendy, that sounds really good.  I'll check into it.

Neva:

If you belong to FMCA PA is discounted to members. Probably to other groups too but I only know of FMCA.

Tom said:
Wendy,

My link was a little different: http://www.passport-america.com

Just checked, and they go to different places? :-\? Need to check this out.

Can you check whois.com and see if they are both the same owners?  One might be a scam site.  Or it could just be a different region or something.  My 2 Cents.  Neva

Wendy,

They also show different mailing addresses (different states), although claim to have started in 1992  ???

Jeff Cousins said:
Neva:

If you belong to FMCA PA is discounted to members. Probably to other groups too but I only know of FMCA.

Jeff, what is FMCA?
Neva

Tom,

They both show a picture of the same directory. Maybe one is the 'real thing' and the other is someone making a lot of money on $5 referrals? But it doesn't seem like the real corporation would let an almost identical, competing website stay in business?

Back
Top Bottom