Do I have to weigh in at weight station??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arnoldccc

Hello, Its my first trip in my 34 foot RV.  1200 miles from Florida to NY for the 1st time.  Im triying to figure out how they classify me when I see a weight station.    When driving by a weight station that is open and asks all trucks to pull in, is my 34 foot RV included in that or am I not classified as a truck. In other words, do I have to pull in to be weighted?

The state weigh are for commercial vehicles.  Your motorhome is a private vehicle.  We usually watch for trucks entering the freeway past the weigh atation and if traffic permits we pull over to the center lane for for them.  From what I have heard some weigh stations can get pretty upset  if you do pull in.  Basically you are not considered a commercial vehicle or a truck but a recreational vehicle.

arnoldccc said:
Hello, Its my first trip in my 34 foot RV. 1200 miles from Florida to NY for the 1st time. Im triying to figure out how they classify me when I see a weight station. When driving by a weight station that is open and asks all trucks to pull in, is my 34 foot RV included in that or am I not classified as a truck. In other words, do I have to pull in to be weighted?

Arnold,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  We are happy to see you here and hope that you  make this your online source of information on RVs and RVing as well as hang oout here for the cameraderie.  We have a very friendly group and have rallies from time to time duringg the year when as many as can get there get together.  There is an upcoming Southeastern Rally as well as one in Moab, UT the end of this month.  Check the forum calendar for dates and locations.

Regarding your question, no you do not need to enter the weigh stations.  They frown on private vehicles pulling in.  I see Ron has already given you the scoop on this.  So, just sail on by those weigh stations, but Ron is right that it is good policy to pull over into the center lane to allow the trucks to re-enter the highway.

Back
Top Bottom