Help! Popped the GFCI and Can't Get It To Reset!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4ducksrus

I mistakenly plugged a small heater and then...plugged in my blow dryer in the same receptacle and it blew the GFCI.  It won't let me reset it!  I went out and looked at all the fuses and can't see any that are blown and I also checked the receptacle outside and it's fine too.  Any suggestions???

Edit by John: changed message icon to Topic Solved

You overloaded the GFI receptacle so the reset button won't reset the breaker. You must go to the electrical panel and reset the breaker. When breakers trip it is not always obvious. Turn each breaker off and then back on again and you will reset the tripped breaker.

Also look at your generator, I did a similar thing and tripped the breaker on the generator itself and once I unplugged things I reset that breaker which remedied the problem.

Tom,
Thanks for your quick reply!  I found the breaker box and reset the breaker and then was able to reset the GFCI.  I knew what I had done, (DH is an electrician) but, I didn't know where the breaker box was located...once found, problem fixed!  Thanks again!

Big shout out to Erik at Winnebago Customer Service for helping me locate the breaker box so that I could reset the tripped breaker!  Now that I know where the box is I won't have to bug him next time I do something stupid like this again!!  :D

Thanks again,
Mikie

Thanks John!  I hate to be one of those women who have to wait for their DH to fix it for them!  But, in this case we're so lucky to have such tremendous support from Winnebago so that I can fix things myself!

Mikie

Back
Top Bottom